Take A Look at Disney

7/23/18

My Thoughts on the First Look at Live-Action Kim Possible






Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.   We will get back to the mermaid reviews eventually but there was something from Comic-Con that I really wanted to talk about as at the Big Hero 6 panel, a first reveal for the live-action Kim Possible was revealed and I gotta say that I like it.  



The costuming and pose that young actress Sadie Stanley is showing perfectly pulls off the confidence that KP exuded in the show.   Obviously,  we don't know how Stanley will portray KP as a trailer has yet to come out but the look here is rather on-point. It also helps to show KP would look portrayed as a real-life teenager  The costume was going to have make some changes to Kim's costume if they wanted a real teen to portray and not use a 20 something.  playing a 16-year-old.  There are some things that cosplayers can do that Disney probably couldn't get away with using a teenager.   These images should give you an idea,  as I googled Kim Possible Cosplayers.   The only other close example I can think of here with the live-action KP is when Kim and Ron appeared in EPCOT.





But even then, KP was allowed hue closer to her animated counterpart when in the parks but the change here for the movie costume makes sense and I think it's one that people should have seen coming.   Which brings me to another point that I wish to address since the first images of She-Ra from the reboot have come out, there have been complaints that she's too masculine and not sexy enough and all that gross kind of ilk.   Could we not do that with Sadie Stanley.  I understand that she is taking on a role that means a lot to a lot of people that watched Disney Channel when this show was airing but can we please keep in mind that she's only 16.   It's a small thing but just as I want to enjoy the movie,  I want the actors involved to feel welcomed into the world of Middleton and not be shunned by the older fans of the franchise.


And look I get being trepidatious when it comes to this movie as Kim Possible  is a great animated series and I think it's the best animated series that aired on Disney Channel and the live-action movie is something that fans have known about since the show was airing on TV and until the announcement last year, that a live-action movie was being made,  it seemed as though that this was going to be a project that would have been a What If but it's finally happening and I know it's something that fans have wanted and I know it's something that I've personally wanted and thought about for a long time.  So as much as I don't like this phrase,  I am cautiously optimistic that it'll be good.   To cap this off, I think it's best to remember one of Kim's signature lines.



So not the drama 


Look to that line from Kim and try not to stir up any drama around this movie, please.   Peace!


   




1 comment:

  1. https://youtu.be/fccJAZRHOSQ

    https://youtu.be/TNRQT9ODqDI

    A trailer and a teaser were recently released. It comes out on February 15

    https://mobile.twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR/status/1071072771029909504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1071072771029909504&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231071072771029909504

    ReplyDelete