Take A Look at Disney

2/13/11

Request Month: Disney Channel Antimated Shows from the '00s

I can say that I have gone an entire week without hearing the thunder or evil laughter.  So I'm not crazy, today's request comes from S-3.  Let's see what today's request is., let me just pull my list out


List  for Request Month

1. Treasure Planet    Done
2. Peter & The Wolf Done
3.  Disney Channel Animated Shows
4. Villains
5. ????


It looks like S-3 requested Disney Channel animated shows bad animated shows from the '00s to be precise. Luckily, I was able to talk to him and he is okay with me reviewing good Disney Channel cartoons as well. Now for  this review, I have one set  rule and that is the show must completed its run. So no Phineas & Ferb or Fish Hooks. So glad, I dodged the bullet, there.   I'll go ahead and start with the bad to get them out of the way. I have picked two of the worst Disney Channel shows ever. The first one is...

The Bad


Brandy & Mr. Whiskers



NO, anything but this show!!! Please bring back the evil laughter, I beg of you. Do you know no mercy? Okay, now that I got that out of the way, where do I start? Everything about this show is soo wrong.  The story starts when Brandy & Mr. Whiskers are on a plane and they fall out and land in the Amazon jungle. Then all of their  wild and crazy antics start.  This show is so stupid, there is no real plot except for Brandy trying to get back home but she drops that idea in the second season when they discover a mall, a MALL in the jungle. What do Brandy and Mr. Whiskers live in, a treehouse obviously. During the second season, their treehouse broke and they had Ty Pennington bird rebuild the house only to have them rebuild it. When Brandy does get the chance to go home she stays in the jungle. WHY? You are free of that rabbit.  This is all you are getting out of me about this show. I just can't stand it.   If you want something Disney with a rabbit watch "Bambi" because at least Thumper is cute

Here,  to keep me from going crazy





NEVER and I repeat NEVER watch this show! It is insult to rabbits.  Luckily, Disney Channel this show but sadly Cartoon Network has picked up the right and will start airing it soon.  Well the next show can't be as worse can it?





I will admit this show is just weird not bad but pointless. The main concept is about a fly named  Maggie who wishes to become a superstar rock star. I think my real question is here you have got the premise for a basic high school show on Disney Channel, why make them flies and bugs? I just don't get it. Was somebody thinking, "We don't shows about teenage flies and that would fit perfectly on the Disney Channel.  She could want to be a rock star".   That's how I picture this show being promoted. Again, why?!  Out of all the animals they chose a fly. I just don't see it because the normal reaction I tend to see with flies is either "Kill IT!" or "Ewe!" If you want something with Disney bugs watch  "A Bug's Life" instead








No more, no more bad shows!  I need something good




Can it be? A good  Disney Channel show? Now, this is more like it! Kim Possible is awesome. It's funny, endearing and I love the villains. I personally think there should be a video review collab dedicated to the KP villains. Perhaps if I ever learn how to make a video but for now, I will stick with my text based reviews. Right off the bat with the theme song, you know that are you are in for a ride. That song feels like a roller coaster ride.  One of the best things about this show were of course the characters.  You had Kim, who could do anything but still a teenager with her own dilemmas.  Ron, who is he goofball sidekick and best friend and loyal to the end. Rufus, Ron's pet naked mole rat who is the comic relief for the show and he is just so cute unlike real naked mole rats, observe

Rufuus/Real Naked Mole Rat



I think we can all agree Rufus is cuter than his real-life counterpart.  Now I would like to talk about Kim's greatest foe...

Shego




You probably thought that I was going to say Dr. Drakken. Oh sure, he thinks he is Kim's greatest foe but in reality it is Shego. Shego is essteinally an evil Kim if you will. Shego is former hero turned baddie. She is Kim's equal in every way. Her fighting skill match even sometimes surpass Kim's and her wit is perfect. Now you may still be  think how is Shego, Kim's greatest enemy. Well this is best seen in the first  "Kim Possible" movie, "Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time".   Where a talking Rufus comes back from the future to warn her that The Supreme One must be stopped. While Drakken, Shego, Monnkey Fist, and Duff Killigan are travelling through time to stop Kim in any way possible. Kim also starts travelling through time first to her preschool years, where she first met Ron





So Kim travels through time coming across herself at various points in life such as perschool or her first mission until her & Ron finally reach the fuutre and its revealed that Shego was "The Supreme One". She was able to take over the world because without Kim and Ron working together since Ron had to move, Kim was not as strong.  Eventually Kim and Ron ened back in their own time and all the events from this movie were erased. That is the only thing I did not like about this movie, otherwise I rahter enjoyed it.

"Kim Possible" was one of the few shows to break the standard 65 episode rule that Disney Channel has. The rule if you have run 65 episode, you are done. It's a dumb rule but at the same time it has saved us from filth such ath that rabbit.  "Kim Possible" received a second movie titled "So the Drama", two years after "A Sitch in Time" was released. This Disney Channel show holds the honor of earning more than two movies but only "So the Drama" is considered canon to the series and it is also techinally the first antimated Disney Channel Original Movie or DCOM, even if "A Sitch in Time: did air on Disney Channel. I digress.  Anyways, this movie was meant to be the series fianle. Everything was wrapped up nicely, we got to see one more final battle between the good guys and bad guys. Kim and Ron finally became a couple, something fans, myself included had wanted for the longest time but... we got a fourth and final season.  The fourth season was nice, there were a few changes top the show, perhaps the most dramatic change was Kim's mission outfit. 


At first being a longtime fan, I did not like the new outfit save for the new Kimmucatior. Because having a wristwatch version seemed more practial but I grew to accept it  and realized this is the final season so I should enjoy it.  While Kim Possible may have runs its course, it still lives on in reruns and at EPCOT with the Kim Possible World Showcase  Adventure. This here is a scavnger hunt designed for kids, where they get their own Kimmunicator (S1-S3 type) and travel the World Showcase to figure out what villian did what.



 




There you have it, 2 shows to stay away from and that should be watched. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go.


Darkfan21:  I thought for sure that first show would drive him insane but he survived, how. He is stronger than I thought. He will put up a challenge for sure, no matter, time is almost here.





Moviefan12: I knew I wasn't going crazy, who are you and what are you doing on my blog? 

Darkfan21: I' am  Darkfan21 and my mission is to take over the world....

Moviefan12: Of Course!

Darkfan21: Quiet, you as I was saying my plan is to take over the world but first I must occupy your body as you are the only one who can use what I need.

Moviefan12: What are you talking about?

Darfan21: Don't play coy with me, you know about the Key of Magic and how it can bring any Disney character into this world.

Moviefan12: How do you know about the Key of Magic?

Darkfan21: There is no need for you to find out

Moviefan12: Uh, yeah there kind of is

Darkfan21: Enough! I'm going to take over your body now unless of couse you are willing to put up a fight

Moviefan12: I'm not going to fight you!

Darkfan21: Oh, I think you will, what are you a man or a mouse and speaking of Mouse...

Moviefan12:  If you must know....



Moviefan12: Now, what have you done to Mickey?


Darkfan21: Let's just say if you don't let me take over your body, Mickey will find Nemo real soon.

Moviefan12: Okay, you win but no funny stuff

Darkfan21: I'm not that kind of villian

No comments:

Post a Comment