Take A Look at Disney

3/3/11

Minnie Mouse




Today, we once again be taking a look at the Mainstays and we will continue with the ladies. Today, we will be looking at Mickey's favorite girl, Minnie.  Just as with before I will give you a bio, favorite Minnie moment and my favorite Minnie moment.


Minnie's Bio

Minnie first appeared along Mickey in Steamboat Willie.  For many of the early cartoons, Minnie did not have much of a personality except for that she was supposed to represent a flapper girl to connect with the audience.   Minnie would go on to fill the role of a damsel in distress for many future cartoons such as The Gallopin' Gaucho.  Just as with Mickey, Minnie was not featured in a Disney Afternoon Era show but she did appear in House of Mouse where she was the manager of the club.  After the show had finished its run, Minnie would return to role as a damsel in distress in Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers.

                                         


This pin here shows Minnie looked in her early years



This how she looked in House of Mouse



Mickey & Minnie in The Three Musketeers



There you go, my bio of Minnie Mouse and now onto my favorite Minnie moment


My Favorite Minnie Moment




By now, you probably aren't surprised that my favorite moment is something Christmas related but ah well.  My favorite Minnie moment comes from the cut short, Mickey & Minnie: The Gift of the Magi.  This short comes from Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas. This is also an adaption of a classic Christmas story but it is one of the few modernizations that Disney has done with a classic story.  I think the reason I like this one so much is because it shows that both of these characters care about each other and are willing to work hard and give loved poessions for each other.



My Favorite Minnie Short
 
 
 
 
I will admit while this is my favorite Minnie short, her personality is not all that developed. It is a fun short none the less. Fun fact for you, guys this was the first Mickey Mouse short produced not Steamboat  Willie. The latter was just released first, even though it was produced third.
 
 
We are one day away from finishing our look at the Disney Mainstays. Come back tomorrow, when we look at the Mouse of the Hour, Mickey.
 
 
Music Fridays
 
I'm not giving an update on Your Top 6, today because I have decided to put the voting on hold until I release the updated list but don't forget about Music Fridays.  The new segment, I'll be starting next Friday where I include songs from a particular category as requested by you, the readers. The first five requests will be featured and in case you forgot, the category for the first Music Fridays is Disney Afternoon Era Theme Songs.






No comments:

Post a Comment