Take A Look at Disney

3/2/11

Daisy Duck





Welcome back to week long look at the Disney Mainstays, and today we finally get to the ladies.  Today, I will be taking a look at Daisy Duck. Admittedly, I don't know much about Daisy except for she is a shopaholic and in love with Donald.  The routine is the same as last, brief bio, favorite moment and favorite cartoon. Make sure you stay at the end for two special announcements.


Daisy's Bio


Daisy's history is rather unique as she apparently replaced Donald first love intrest, Donna.  Although some sources claim that these two character are the same duck. It's hard to say what is fact and what is fiction.  Daisy made her first official appearance with the name of Daisy in the short, Mr. Duck Steps Out. Daisy would go on to make appearances in many shorts afterwards but would become a regular player in the Mickey universe until the short, Donald's Crime.  Daisy would go on to appear in many shorts later on in her career usually alongside Donald and these shorts would focus on their relationship.  Daisy just as with Donald appeared in Quack Pack and later on House of Mouse.  In Quack Pack, she was shown as being a news reporter while in House of Mouse she worked the front of the house.  In House of Mouse, it appeared as though they gave Daisy's personality a radical makeover as they made much more girly and she was always trying to find a a way to become famous such as when went onstage and performed Daisy Crockett, her version  of Davey Crockett, which had a few altered lines to work with her character.


Daisy In Quack Pack
Daisy in House of Mouse



There you go, my brief bio of Daisy Duck, now onto my favorite Daisy moment


My Favorite Daisy Moment



My favorite Daisy moment is a bit different from all of the moments I have listed so far. The reason being is that my favorite moment comes from Mickey's Christmas Carol and in it she does not play herself nor is her character in love with Donald. Instead Daisy portrays Isabelle, Ebenezer's love. I find this love to be rather adorable and I felt this where Daisy shines the best because as Isabelle she just seems very innocent.  Also Jiminy Cricket delivers my favorite line during the Isabelle sequences. I get chills whenever the line, "You loved your gold more than that precious creature, and you lost her forever".  I can't say why but I believe part of the reason I like that line is because it perfectly sums up the events that took place between Scrooge and Isabelle.


My Favorite Daisy Short





I must admit it was hard picking my favorite Daisy short but then I remembered the short where a flower pot is dropped on Donald's head and he is cured so to speak of speech problems. It's hard to say why I like this one so much but I believe part of it has to do with when I was younger I found it to be suspenseful.



Your Top 6 Update and A New Segment

First, since no voting has taken since last Friday, I have decided to re post the list of songs, you can vote for but After Today Live will no longer be on the list as it has been locked in. You can expect that list sometime in the future.

Next up, this is a test run but I have decided to add another segment to A Look at Disney titled Music Fridays.  The way this will work is each Friday I will post A Look at Disney that is nothing but music. You guys get to request the songs, though. I will give you a topic that you can pick your song from and the first 5 requests will be featured. Now since I'm in the middle of  the Mainstays special, I'm going to start this next week but you can go ahead and request today.  In the future though, you will have to wait to make a request until Music Fridays is put up.  You are probably wondering what the first category for Music Fridays is?

Well, it is Disney Afternoon Era Theme Songs!  If you can think of a theme song from the Disney Afternoon Era, go ahead and request and I may include it but tell me why you want this song featured as I wish  to share your thoughts on the song with everyone else.



      

No comments:

Post a Comment