Take A Look at Disney

3/7/12

Roger Rabbit Week: Top 6 Moments From Who Framed Roger Rabbit



As some of you may have noticed I've had Roger Rabbit on my mind a lot lately.   Instead of reviewing the film, which I'll get to when I have enough money on my Itunes account to download it,  I want to do a Top 6 celebrating this film.  There are so many great moments in this film but I decided instead of going the easy route and picking the scenes that involve classic cartoon characters, I focus on the scenes with the principle cast of the  film. Though I may come back to that idea with the toons and do a Top 6 Cameos in Roger Rabbit.   Anyways with that out of the way, let's begin.   


6.  Why Don't You Do Right 






Okay admit it, how many of you saw this one coming?   I mean I know that I already used it to close out my look the shorts  but when I think of Jessica, one of  the first things that I think of  is her first scene in the film and how this sets up her character as  someone who know she's has a sex appeal and uses it to her advantage.  Also this song just sets her up wonderfully and it is such a great intro for her. I could watch this scene just for her performance and still get satisfaction out of it.   


5.  Remember Me Eddie





This has got to be one of the creepiest moments when Doom reveals himself to be a toon and not only that but the toon that killed Eddie's brother.    Just the way his voice get higher and higher and the daggers that come out of his eyes.  Good lord, is that ever terrifying?     This was  such a great reveal and perhaps one of the more frightening moments  and certainly effective.   


4. I'm Not Bad.. I'm Just Drawn That Way






Again,  another classic moment I had to include on this list.  Now I know what I said about Jessica's previous scene and while it is one of the first things I think of when I think of her, there's also this line.   Again with this line, Jessica defines her character and it is one of the most memorable quoted lines from the film.  


3.    Kill 'em With Laughter (The Merry Go Round Broke Down (Reprise))





Okay first thing I have to mention is that when doing a YouTube search for this scene I came across a video from our very own FanFic Critic.  Pretty funny  but anyways onto the scene, now the music here is used twice in the film but I prefer the latter scene because it's nice to see Eddie embrace the culture of the toons and use it against them to defeat the Doom Patrol.   Bob Hoskins, the actor that played Eddie seems to be having the time of his life in this scene and I just love all the rhymes. This is one of those that is so random but it works so well.  Oh, I should also mention that the music your hearing is the Looney Tunes theme and that the lyrics that both Roger and Eddie sing were written speficially for the film so that they'd match the score. 



2.  Take a Drink 




I love this scene for quite a few reasons. A.  because of the whole Do/Don't  which can be viewed as homage to such things as Rabbit Season/Duck Season and there is just something so wonderfully funny seeing a toon and a human take part in this and then seeing Roger take the drink and his antics are just so funny with the way he goes over the top and flies through the bar and I didn't realize this until watching this scene but man, Roger had a close call with the Dip.   This scene is one of the many that shows Roger at his funniest and his best.


1. Something's Cookin 





I know it may seem like I'm cheating including this as # 1 but I feel that this  scene can stand on it's own as separate entity from the film as a short and still be highly enjoyable.  Also I love the transitions with when they cut from the short showing the fridge as a real prop, that is just so cool.   Also I'd be remiss if I didn't talk about the animation in this sequence, it is in a word: breathtaking.   You gotta love the fact that the film does a fake open with this short and then reveals the actual setting for the film. That to me is ingenious.  



Well, there you have it, my Top 6 Moments from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I hope you've enjoyed these Roger Rabbit articles and we've got 2 more to go.

8 comments:

  1. Love this list!!!!!!!! A list of the most awesome moments from one of my favorite movies ever!!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't what it is but ever since I watched the Disneycember review of this review by Doug Walker, I'd been itching to talk about it.

      Delete
  2. I'm saving this for a full fledged review as well as a place on my favorite movies list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, yeah I just decided that will all the Roger Rabbit articles that I have. Why not make next week on TGWTG a Roger Rabbit Week? Now I know I'm not reviewing the film but I don't own it and this is good enough for me. Besides, I have 3 reviews of the Roger Rabbit shorts and plus, I'm also working on a Roger Rabbit Music Fridays and a review of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. I'm also reading the book right now and it's really good.

      Delete
  3. It was an awesome list! I at first didn't like Roger Rabbit but now that I have seen the cartoons and know their history, I find every single thing in this film marvelous. The camera work of the opening is especially stunning. I would personally put Jessica's first scene (song) and Drink scene at the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked the list and just as you, I used to not like this film. Mostly because I could not stand Roger but overtime, he's become endearing and as for Jessica's first scene, I can see why people would put that as #1 and choosing the top spot was tough but there is something about the way, the film opens that I really like.

      Delete
  4. Fun Fact: In Siskel and Ebert's review of this movie, they picked your #1 spot as their favorite part of the movie as well, and as much as they raved over the whole film, they said nothing compared to Something's Cookin. They couldn't have picked a more perfect opening for an amazing film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really cool that my # 1 is the same as Siskel and Ebert's favorite moment. Wow, that is so cool. It is a perfect open for the film.

      Delete