Take A Look at Disney

5/13/11

Music Fridays #14: The Rainbow Reviewer Project





If you couldn't tell by now, today's Music Fridays is a bit different.  You see I have signed up for The Rainbow Reviewer Project that was put together by Arthur Knowledge, host of Quest for Geekdom.  With this collab, he wants to send a message to the teens of the LGBT community that it's okay to be who you are and life will get better after high school. Now because of that this Music Fridays will not actually feature Disney save for the last one. The rest of these songs will come from my favorite musical, RENT. Sure, this may sound corny.  You see RENT is my favorite musical and my two favorite characters are Colins and Angels. A gay couple who are happy with their life and their circle of freinds don't care about their life choice. Now don't worry just because the songs aren't Disney doesn't mean this Msic Fridays won't have Disney in it. You see I'm inlcluding RENT amvs that include clips and scenes from Disney movies. I'll also be including  the original cast performance after the AMV so you can cmpare and contrast the song and see how well the song works for it's video.



The Setlist

I'll Cover You AMV - Created by LieffJ



I have decided to start with a song that is sung by both Collins & Angel. The song is called I'll Cover You and it is the two saying how much they love each other. It's a great song and I think this AMV  does a great job for the most part captuing the essence of this song uisng the Disney characters. Save for Young Tarzan who I find as an odd choice because well, while I think I get what they were going for, this song is about a different type of love. Now here is the original Broadway version for you to cmpare it to and make up your own mind if this works or not.






Will I? AMV - Created By Gemm91




I have to say, I'm so happy that I could find an AMV for Will I? As this is my favorite song in RENT. This person cpatured the song perfectly, I Think. Now even though in both the film and the play this song is referring to HIV, here they use it to show the characters when it looks as though as they are down on their luck and all hope is lost. They've made a huge mistake and they begin to question their decisions. Now, I do know two of the movies used are not Disney but this was the only one I could find for Will I?  but this is the only one that is this way. Anyways, here is the Broadway version  for you to make up you if this works or not.






La Via Boheme AMV - Created by Imdb88



This one here is alot of fun and almost seems like the person who made this is trying their hardest to actually recreat this scene from the play with recasting Disney character into the roles of the RENT cast. They did a nice job. It flows rather nicely and if your a fan of RENT such as I am, you can easily figure out what character the Disney characters are supposed to be. So far, this has to be the best AMV that I have found so far. Sadly, the Broadway version of this song was taken down but here is the film version and I think that should work just as well.






Seasons of Love AMV - Created By TrunksXV



For our last song, I have Seasons of Love and there was no way, I could pass this one up becaue it's Dumbo.  Dumbo is my favorite Disney movie of all time and I'm just so happy that I was able to include this. It appears that this person took the  Baby Mine scene and replaced that song with Seasons of Love. Which is undoubtedly the most famous song from RENT. I love what they did here because it is such a unique take on the song but this is one  song where it  does not matter what type of love they are referring to because they are talking about all Love. Again, here is the Broadway version.






Now there is one last non-RENT song I have chosen to include and yes it is a  Disney song. You see, Arthur also asked  that we let the teens of the LGBT community know that life can get easier after high school and the bullies may not be as bad. Making it's secodn appearance on Music Fridays and I feel that this song fits the occassion,


Little Wonders





Now some of you may ask hy I chose this song,  well listen to these two lyrics "Let It Go" and "The Hardest Part is Over".   With this song, I'm trying to say that while they'll still have the memories of being bullied and it was in the past and no one get to them anymore.



All right, I hope you all enjoyed this Special Music Fridays and if you know someone who is being bullied or doesn't want to continue on in life, talk to them. Let them know, it gets better.  Arthur, again thanks for this wonderful opportunity.  If you want to  help may I suggest checking out this site

It Gets Better

Join me next week when Music Fridays goes back to normal and back on schedule as I finally take a look at Pixar Songs.


Please take the time to check out the other entries in this project by head over here, The Rainbow Reviewer Project

No comments:

Post a Comment