Take A Look at Disney

1/22/12

Top 6 Three Little Pigs Moments



Last week on Classic Shorts Showcase,  I concluded my Three Little Pigs retrospective where I reviewed all 6 Pigs shorts.  This was an enjoyable retrospective and well I can't just end it on a review, I've decided to countdown my Top 6 Pigs moments.  Let's begin.


6.  L'il Bad Standing Up To His Father  - L'il Bad Wolf



I'll admit that this wasn't the greatest Pigs short but I did like how in the end, L'il Bad uses everything that his father taught about hunting pigs against him to save his friends.  It was a pretty funny moment and it was nice seeing someone else save the day other than Practical. Even if he's my favorite character from all of the shorts.    Also with this moment, it felt as though L'il was coming into his own and finally had the courage to stand up to his pop and show him how he really feels. 


5.   Big Bad Breaking The Fourth Wall -  The Big Bad Wolf



Again, another Wolf moment but this one comes from Big Bad himself.  You see the second short is a retelling of Little Red Hiding Hood and here Big Bad serves as the Wolf from that story and they play out the famous, "My Grandma" sequence but one point the Wolf turns to the audience and asks "How I'm doing?"  Which is rare for a Disney short to break the fourth wall but here it was simple and effective.  It almost felt as though he was asking us to judge his performance. If that were the case, I'd give him a B +.    



4.   The Big Bad Nazi  - The Thrifty Pig





I have to thank Lindgren for coming up with that name for the Wolf's portrayal in The Thrifty Pig.  I realize that  so far all of these moments have involved wolves (odd!)   This short as stated in the review is a basic re-edit of Three Little Pigs but here the Wolf is used to portray Nazi Germany and I found that rather effective.   This image reminds me of learning about the Nazis going to houses looking for Jewish people to take to concretion camps.   Just this image alone haunts me because of knowing what the Third Reich did.  Again, going back to Lindgren for a sec, I think he summed this short better than I could. 


   "Let's stick together and get rid of this Big Bad N**i".


That right there is the best way to not only sum up that image but that entire short.



3.   Practical's method of Saving The Day - The Original 4












Practical was my favorite of the Pigs and he was always the one to save the day except for the last short and he already went over that.  He always had some interesting ways of saving the day and all of his contraptions were hilarious.  Especially  his lie detector that he used on the Wolf to find out where his brothers were.  His methods of saving the day while odd were fun to watch and going back to the lie detector that brings us to the # 2 spot...


2. Fifer and Fiddler Finally Get Punished - The Practical Pig










I've made it known  that I don't like these two at all. They are two of the most annoying, self-centered, clueless characters to come from Disney. Not to mention they rely on their brother, to save their rump roasts every single time, the Wolf gets them. By the third short, I was ready to help the Wolf make some bacon for a B.L.T.   While do I bring all of this up because right at the end of The Practical Pig, the one thing that I had wanted to happen to lost hopes took place. They finally got punished for their actions with their brother's lie detector.  Now I won't deny it also spanked Practical but I could have cared less. Because seeing these two get punished made of their actions worth in the end.   These two are up there with Ben from Ben & Me and The Robber Kitten as some of the most annoying Disney shorts characters ever. But to be fair, they did give us one good thing and that brings me to the the # 1 spot, which I think you all know what it is....


1.  Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf - Three Little Pigs




Like anything else could take the number 1 spot on this list. This is the most famous song from a Silly Symphony and with good reason because it's catchy. It's fun and it was needed during the Depression to lift the spirits but besides that it's a good song.  Also I laugh see these act so cocky and then in every other short, they get caught by the Wolf.  That right there adds a layer of hilarity to this song. There isn't much else to say other than "One More Time!"


There you have it my Top 6 Pigs Moments and now I officially close the door on the Pigs. I hope you've enjoyed this retrospective as it was a blast to do.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment