Take A Look at Disney

7/10/14

Can We Talk about Disney 's Plans for a Live Action Dumbo Remake




Hello  & welcome back  to A Look at Disney and today's  Can We Talk about  is a bit  personal.  As  Disney  has just announced plans for a live action remake of Dumbo.    




NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!


Okay,  I got that outta my  System.  If you've  followed  this blog series for any amount of time, you'd  know that Dumbo  is my favorite  Disney movie.  Heck, it's  my favorite movie of all time. It's been  my favorite  movie since I was 15 years old and could relate to Dumbo and the scrutiny that he was put through for being different  and I loved  how  he  used his difference to overcome  and adapt. Quite frankly,  the news  of a remake  of Dumbo kinda sorta  leaves me pissed off at Disney. I know  it's  just a movie  and  I shouldn't  make such a big deal out of it but it's  hard not to, when I have such a personal connection to this film.


I try to go into films with an open mind,  and funnily enough that mindset came  about the same time, I saw Maleficent but this is different.  I absolutely  loathe  Sleeping Beauty  and  consider it a contender for the worst Disney film ever alongside Chicken Little and Home on The Range whereas Dumbo  is a film that I love  so much that  any  type of messing with the characters will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Kinda  similar to how  Sleeping Beauty  fans, who don't  like Maleficent feel about that film. A perfect example  of this is  the horrid  TV  show,  Dumbo's Circus.











We  don't  need to go over my  intense  hatred  of Davis again as  I've beaten that  to death  and  that  kinda  ties  into  my fear  with this.  I'm  just  very  protective  of this film to the point,  where  I don't  want this remake  and  I'll say  it right now,  I refuse to see it or even acknowledge that it is coming out after this blog. Maybe  I'm  overreacting but a lot  of  us have films that hold a very special in our hearts and  Disney, when did  this for What If They Remade Dumbo,  two  years ago,  I even stated that I didn't want this  to be remade and I thought you'd never do it. So, maybe  I brought it on myself by doing that article but I doubt  that Disney  actually  read that blog.  Look,  Disney  I want  to be supportive of you.  I've been a fan since I was three years old  but stuff like this, makes it hard.  And  I seriously doubt that  a CGI  Dumbo  can be as adorable  and cute  as my  favorite  baby elephant.


Yeah,  no.   And  let's look here, the writer for the script of this remake has been  announced.



They've tapped "Transformers" writer Ehren Kruger to pen the script.


Yeah,  this movie is  sounding less and less better with that news. I'm seriously starting to question what led Disney  to  be on a remake trend right now as  they've announced remakes  for Cinderella,  The Jungle Book and Beauty and The Beast and now Dumbo.    Another  thing that bugs me is in the article that I read  is  apparently Disney  thinks this  is a great  thing  because  they now  have the technology to do a flying Dumbo in CGI.   Look,  I'll  take the scrapped  Broadway show  over this because I DO NOT WANT A CGI Dumbo. 

At the end of the day,   I'm  just going to try  and ignore this movie, when it comes out.  That is going to be  hard for me to do  and I'll eventually see this, when it Itunes but  until then, there is only  one  Dumbo for me.   Peace!






No comments:

Post a Comment