Take A Look at Disney

1/10/11

Epic Mickey


Let me start this by saying this is not a review but rather  someone trying to understand why Disney has not been pushing this game and relying other people and word of mouth.  This game is something that many Disney fans including myself had been very excited about since it was announced.  I know that I read all the articles online about the game's progress as it was being made and would scour YouTube for any videos concerning the game.  I was excited when the release date started to approach but I couldn't understand why Disney was not actually showcasing the game.  Yes, there was a page for the game on Disney.com but to access I had to go through the Mickey Mouse page and once I was there was barely anything there. All that was there a game trailer, some screenshots and a behind-the-scenes.  While that is good, I would have expected more.  Maybe I'm overlooking this and not being a fair Disney fan.  There was never even a bumper or something of the sort pertaining the game featured on Disney Channel that  I can recall.  Perhaps my biggest disappointment was that the game was not even mentioned on the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade as a new product avaible from Disney. 


To me it felt as though Diseny was relying on videogame magazines and channels such as GameInformer and G4 to promote the game.  Part of me can understand that but I feel Disney dropped the ball in this area.  Why if it wasn't for GameInformer I would have learned the special nunchuck cover and Wiimote charger.


Just as I feel that Disney relied heavily on G4 and GameInformer to promtoe Epic Mickey, the same can be said when it comes to the internet.  Three sites in particular come to mind when talking about this game. The first one is IGN, they had a massive amount of articles about this game.  The next one is  Amazon as that is where I first learned of the Collector's  Edition. 


The last site is suprsingly FaceBook,  as with most promotional items, a FaceBook page was set up for Epic Mickey and that is where I first learned of the soundtrack and that it was downloadble onto Itunes.  FaceBook, so far is also the only place that I know that offers an Epic Mickey Desktop background.  My question here is what about the Disney fans that do not have a FaceBook page.  I feel that that the background cover should be offered on the Epic mickey page on Disney.com.  Most other things I mention can be easily found but in the end I sitll feel that Diseny could have promoted this awesome game  a little bit better.



No comments:

Post a Comment