Take A Look at Disney

3/31/11

Music Fridays # 4: We're Goin' Country

Welcome to another edition of Music Fridays and this week we will taking a look at some Disney Covers from my favorite genre. Country Music. Normally, I would take off the Mouse Ears and put on the Headphone but today I'm putting on a Cowboy hat. Join me as we take a look at some of these great covers.

The Setlist


Our first Country Cover is Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts



This here is a fun song and it really gets you in the mood for this movie. Rascal Flatts do a great job swith this song. They make it very relaxing and it is a great road trip song. Not much to say except "Life is a HighWay and I want to ride it all night long".   Now you may be thinking but this was featured in a Disney movie. How can it be a cover? Simple, this was first sung by Tom Cochrane in 1991. Personally, I've heard his version and while its okay, I perfer this one.   Now our next song comes to us from Billy Ray Cyrus.






Confession time, Achy Breaky Heart is one of my favortie songs. It has been since I was three and I have always enjoyed everything Billy Ray has done save for his appearance on Dancing with the Stars. Billy Ray, I love your but you can't dance. Anyways this song here is Real Gone which was sung by Sheryl Crow for Cars. I enjoy both versions but I don't know I just think that there is something about having Billy Ray sing this on race track that makes this pretty cool.  His voice certianly gets you pumped up. It is just awesome song.


Okay, why don't we bring the adrelaine down a bit with a calmer song.  I give you Colors of The Wind as sung by Pam Tillis. 





This is a great Country cover. This song fits the genre so well and Pam Tillis' voice complinets the song very well. You can certianly hear passion with her singing this and this is just my obsvertion but I feel as though she means every line she is singing. Luckily, it doesn't feel it got turned into something just for Earth Day. Which sadly, I could see happening but I hope it doesn't.


Finally our last Country Cover is a song that I have featured before but I would be remiss if I did not include it. The song is Baby Mine by Alison Kruass.



This was my number 1 pick for best Disney Cover and here is what I had to say about it. 
I wasn't always a big fan of  Aliosn Kraus but her cover of "Bany Mine" turned me around.  "Dumbo" is my number one favorite Disney movie  of all time next to  "A Goofy Movie" but "Baby Mine"  has always held my special place in my heart and nobody could capture the essence of the song until I heard Alison Kraus' version.  I know I said it helps to have a twist when doing a cover but part of the reason I love this version so much is that doesn't mess with the song too much other than to fit Kraus' Bluegrass style of singing. 


There you go, I'm taking off my the Cowboy hat. Next week join me as I showcase some of my favorite Disney songs as part of my big 10 blog celebration leading up to my 100th blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment