Take A Look at Disney

11/10/11

Top 6 Disney Shorts Characters

Ever since starting Classic Shorts Showcase, I have reviewed many shorts with a lot of likable characters  but who are my favorites. Well today,  I have decided to countdown my Top 6 Disney Shorts Characters.  Now I have set up two rules,  Mickey and the gang will not appear on this list as I'd rather focus on  more unique characters and if I have not reviewed the short, the character will not appear on this list. With that out of the way, let's begin.

6.  Pecos Bill  - Pecos Bill













When I watched this short for my review with BigBlackHatMan,  I had no idea what to expect of this character. He was a lot of fun and it showed me that Disney knew how to do a cowboy.  He was so over the top and zany.  I mean he tried to shoot tornadoes with his guns.  As much I like him,  I couldn't place any higher than 6.  Why is that, you may ask.   While this is not a bad short and Pecos Bill is likable enough character but I think that he let Widowmaker get away with too much.  I mean we was Widowmaker's owner and he should have tried to stop Widowmaker before he sent that horse sent Slue Foot Sue into orbit.  Good character but he didn't stand up when it counted most.

5.  Cyril Proudbottom - Wind In The Willows











Ah. how about that? We're talking about another horse on this list. Cyril is such as funny character and so over the top  but he is so funny.  He is a great character and so funny.  He is just so cheerful and happy and willing to stand by Toad.  When he goes to break Toad out of jail in a dress, I just about died laughing. That was just so hysterical.


4. Paul Bunyan - Paul Bunyan












Paul is just an all around fun character.  He has a great attitude about him and he takes everything in stride.  He has a good nature about him and you rarely see him get upset.  He is  such a good guy and when he is challenged by Muffaw, he as we see accepts but he doesn't let him losing bring him down.  That is the main reason, he is place so high, he is just a good natured  person.


3.  John Henry - John Henry











John is such a great character and very humble.  As we can see from how he presents himself. Though I   as we think that comes from him being a slave for so long that that time had humbled him.  He was also a very strong character as we can see from how he is able to carry that 20 pound hammer.  While the rest of the railroad workers wanted to knock over the steam drill but John stopped them.  He instead chose to challenge the driver. As he felt that was the respectable thing to do and I like that in a character.


2.  Ferdinand - Ferdinand The Bull














My my, it has been so long since I have reviewed this short. Ferdinand was such a sweet and innocent character.    I could just feel the innocence in him but at the same time his unwillingness to fight the matador led to some hilarious  moments.  Ferdinand is best described as a character that just wants peace and quiet as we see here in picture with him sitting underneath the tree.


1. Susie - Susie The Little Blue Coupe











When coming up with this list, I knew that I wanted Susie to take the top spot. Ever since I watched  her short, she has become one not just one of my characters from a Disney short but one of my favorite Disney characters in general.  As I stated in my review for her short,  she was the model for the characters in Cars such as McQueen and Mater.  And I can feel that because just as I was able  to see those characters convey emotion, I had the same feeling with Susie but she had something that made her stand out even more than Mater or McQueen.  That is that she was able to convey emotion without speaking a word. True, Ferdinand did the same thing but I feel that it was done better in this short. Also with Susie we go through her entire lifespan from being a new car until she has basically become in many people's eyes, a lemon but I was always able to feel her innocence.  There was one time, where we could see how frightened she was when she was when being chased by a police car as her second owner wasn't a good person.  She went through many ups & downs in her life but again that entire time, I always felt emotion for her.


There you have it, my Top 6 Disney shorts characters from shorts that I have reviewed. What characters would you have added to this list? Tell me in the comments, peace!   

No comments:

Post a Comment