Take A Look at Disney

1/6/12

Music Fridays # 37: Kim Possible (KP Week)




Welcome back to KP Week & today,  I'll be taking a look at the music from this show.  Let's begin.   Where to start, well how about with the theme song?


Call Me, Beep Me (KP Theme)





This theme does something that all good theme songs should do and that is get you excited to see the show.  Now this is just the short version of the song as there was an extended version as well but I prefer the shorter version because the extended has too much filler whereas this one gets to the point and makes it clear that KP is someone to rely on without too much filler.


Say The Word





Now admittedly,  this song is a bit like the theme but I like it and I think Christy Carlson Romano, KP's voice actress does a decent enough job singing here.  It's uplifting and  fun song that again fits with the theme of the show and in describing the characteristics of Kim quite well.  For those of you wondering, this song comes from the episode,  Hidden Talent, where Ron signs up Kim to compete in the school talent show which she was nervous about but the main reason is because her high school rival Bonnie says that she'll crush any competition. This comes right at the end and I think it is a good song and really fun.


The Naked Mole Rap





Now we come to perhaps the show's most famous, The Naked Mole Rap.  I remember loving this song as a kid, (okay pre teen)  because it's Rufus and Rufus = awesome.   It's fun and silly and a harmless.  To this day, this is probably the only rap song that I'll willingly listen to besides one other from this show that we'll get to.  It's a cute song that tells the story of how Ron and Rufus met.  It's fun and just plain silly.  The only world to describe the song really is fun.



Drakken's Rap






Yep, the other rap. This was part of one of Dr D's plans to use a rap on a commercial to sell brainwashing shampoo with cranium rinse to boot.  It's fun and I like that it actually gives some insight into Dr. D's back story of how he became evil.  That's a nice touch, there. It's fun and really that is the best way to describe these songs.


So there you have it, my look at some of the music from Kim Possible. I hope you have enjoyed this article. Join me Monday when I wrap this event as I review A Sitch In Time but as for next week,  I'm going to do something that I have been wanting to do for a while.  I don't know how many of you recall the Rainbow Reviewers Music Friday, I did.  I liked it  and while I didn't get a lot of feedback on that, it is one of my favorites,  that's why next time, I'll be taking a look at some more Rent AMV's when they are Revisited.



2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Draken's rap was pretty funny! John DiMaggio steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Drakken's rap is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete