Take A Look at Disney

7/10/12

Top 6 Horses

Hello and welcome back.  Y'know when I saw the trailers for  Brave there was a  character that stood out. Yes, Merdia because she is all kinds of awesome but that's not who I'm referring to and if you haven't figured out, which character I'm referring to, you'll find out soon enough.  Anyways,  I bring this up because  he like a lot of other Disney characters is a horse and there have been great Disney horses and today, I've decided to countdown my Top 6 Disney Horses. Now for the most part most of these characters are treated like real horses similar to my other animal lists save for one entry that does some human like qualities to him and no, it's not Horace.   The main reason you won't see him on this list is because just like my Birds list,  I'd rather avoid those characters. Nothing against them but there are so many other great characters out there to choose from.  With that out of the way, let's get going.



6.  Angus - Brave
















This is of course, who I was talking about.  I just have to say that Angus is one of the most gorgeous of the animals that Pixar have ever animated.  He just looks so real and so beautiful.  It's as if you can actually walk up to him and run your fingers through his mane.  Every little detail on him is just perfect.  Now it's true that unlike some of the other horses that'll show up on this list, he doesn't have much of a personality but that's okay as he still feels real and looks so real.   If there is anything and I mean anything that I can applaud Pixar for getting right it is how they make their animals look so lifelike.   It's odd but to me Angus almost looks more realistic then the human characters in Brave.   I don't know if that was intentional but wow.  




5.  Phillipe - Beauty and The Beast





Phillipe is another character that is very loyal to both Maurice and Belle and takes care of them and again he is another one that is treated like a regular  horse and I love the expressions on his face especially when they enter the forest here and you can  see he is freaked the heck out by the dark woods.  He's simple but loyal like most good horses should be.  Now I must admit as much I loved the musical,  I was saddened by the fact that he was cut. Now yes, I do understand why that was done and he isn't even an important character in the grand scheme of things.   Still, a great horse even if he wasn't in the movie for very long.  



4.   Cyril Proudbottom - Wind In The Willows 





Now this is the one that I was talking about earlier that had some human like qualities.  Out of all the horses on this list, he has the most human like attributes as not only does he talk but we also see him walk on his two bottom hooves at one point.  Though the biggest reason, I'm putting him on here is because he is perhaps one of the funniest characters.   He works off so well of Mr. Toad as their humor collides so well.  Also seeing him in a wedding dress while bizarre is one of the biggest laughs in this short.  




3.  Bullseye - Toy Story 2/Toy Story 3 





Go figure on my Toy Story Characters list,  Bullseye was at # 6 but on this list he's at # 3 but go figure.  Bullseye even though a toy acts a lot like a dog more so than a horse He is very loyal to his friends especially Jesse and I think that in part comes from how long he spent with her in storage.  He is a very cute character who knew where his loyalties lied and whenever I saw him,   there was always an "Aw" moment.   Also I have to thank Lasster for realizing that he did not need a voice as originally Martin Short was going to voice Bullseye and I'm sorry but no just no. 




2. Pegasus - Hercules 





Pegasus was a last minute decision but boy am I glad that I thought of him.  Pegasus is probably one of the only characters on this list that has known his friend his entire life.  Pegasus is a another character that is very humorous and has a great sense of humor.  He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and he has one of the best moments when he blows out Hades' hair.  That is just too funny.    Pegasus, a great character who is great for a laugh. 



1.  Maximus - Tangled 





As soon I came up with this list, I knew that Max had to be my # 1. Whereas Pegasus doesn't take himself too seriously.  Max is the exact opposite as he takes himself way too seriously but it works.  He is very dedicated to his job and to hunt down Flynn.  Now this is going to sound odd but in my review I compared Max to Javert  from Les Mis.  Now this is a bit of a stretch but hear me out on this one.  Both Javert an Max are determined to hunt down someone and will stop at no costs.   That's why to me, Maximus will always be the Javert of horses.   Max is loyal but in a different way, he's loyal to his job and he is one of the few times that we have a horse character that doesn't belong to any of the main characters and is instead he is a friend with them.  


There, you have it my Top 6 Horses of Disney.  I hope that you've enjoyed this countdown. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment