Take A Look at Disney

11/28/12

Christmas: Clarabelle's Christmas List (House of Mouse Episode Review)

Oh, House of Mouse.  I can't stay mad at you.  Not with an episode as hilarious as this one.    Your forgiven for Pete's Christmas Caper.  All of my issues with the previous Christmas episode were not present here.


Episode Title


Clarabelle's Christmas List


I really like the episode title here as it greatly reflects what was going on here.  It's a fun title and for that I like it.


The Plot

The plot for this episode is just so fun.  It opens with Clarabelle having Santa's Naughty/Nice List.  She says at the end of the show, she'll read it.  This puts people on edge and the others try to steal the list, so they can read it.  I think the reason, I like this plot so much is because the idea of having Santa's list so close to you is tempting and I can imagine people if given the opportunity would try to read the list, just to see where you landed.  This plot was just an all out good time. Also they brought back the subplot of Mortimer trying to get Minnie to kiss her underneath the mistletoe.  Though this time, it was handled much better as Mortimer kept on trying but everything he had this time was mistletoe.   Such as poison oak  or the best one,  Mr. Toad.
















Out of context,  that looks a little creepy.   Like Toad is about to attack Mortimer.




Plot Device



The List

















Santa's list plays quite a big factor in the episode as Clarabelle says she is going to read it but this is the one area, where I have a bit of a qualm as you see throughout the episode, we don't know how Clarabelle got a hold of  the list.  It isn't until the end of the episode when we find out that Clarabelle took the list without permission and this is after she says that everyone had tried to look at the list and move their names to the naughty list.  To me, that kinda makes her a hypocrite.   Now that is probably my only complaint with the episode.





Characters


Clarabelle voiced by April Winchell















As much as I liked this episode,  Clarabelle came off as a bit mean and who is she to put her friends' names on the naughty list, when she herself stole it.  In a way,  Clara was the antagonist for this episode and the entire time up until the reveal, I understood why she was protecting the list because this episode leads the audience to believe that she had permission to read the list.


Mickey voiced by Wayne Allwine















Not even Mickey could resist reading the list.   Though I'll give him credit, he tried harder than most to not read it.  Clarabelle have it to him for safe protection and he took a peak at it and this brought up again at the end when Santa comes to the club and Mickey apologizes to Santa but Santa doesn't know what Mickey was talking about as Santa didn't know that his list had been taken. You'd think that Santa would have better protection for that thing.  Ah, well.



Minnie, Donald, Daisy,  Goofy,  & Horace voiced by  Russi Taylor, Tony Anselmo,  Bill, & Tress McNeille




I do apologize for not having a picture for the cast here.  Now this is where the real fun came in. Trying to watch the rest of the staff steal the list so that they could read it had me in stitches.  Some of the things they pulled of were just so funny.  Such as at one point, they had Daisy distract Clarabelle while the rest of the staff stole the list and replaced it with a rolling pin.  Now this was after The Fates from Hercules have Clarabelle the eye so that she could keep an eye on the list. Bad visual pun, I know but it got a chuckle out of me.




My Final Thoughts



In all, this was a great episode and they got the Christmas episode down perfect.  This was much more enjoyable then the last episode because it just had fun with itself and the premise is one I'm sure some of us have thought about before.  Would we try to take a peak at Santa's list if it were so close in reach that we could actually touch it. I don't know about you but if I had the opportunity to take a peak at Santa's list, when I was younger I would've done so.    Join me tomorrow for the first Christmas Shorts Showcase review of...


The Nutcracker



No comments:

Post a Comment