Take A Look at Disney

12/5/13

Christmas Music Fridays # 114: Princess Christmas





Hello & welcome to  a special edition of Music Fridays.  Christmas,  I love Christmas and one of the biggest money makers for Disney are the princesses.  So, you know that they'd make songs with these ladies singing Christmas carols and today, we will be taking a look at 4 Christmas carols sung by these ladies.




Christmas Is Coming





Uh, yeah,  if you think this is the song it is.  You'd be wrong.  All of the lyrics are changed to accommodate  the ladies and I'm okay with that.  Now I'm more familiar with the very fun version of this song by The Muppets, so maybe it's just me but I thought this song was supposed to be more fast paced and not so for a lack of a better word, royal.  That doesn't make it bad but just not what I was expecting.



Have A Holly Jolly Christmas





STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   This.... this... this.... this.   I need good Snow White stuff to wash this out.





















Oh, Ginnifer,  you are the only Snow White, I need.    Yeah, that was squeaky and BAD!



I'm Giving Love For Christmas




This is cute, if a little sappy but I'll take it over the last song.  I guess I'm a sucker for this because of the sentiment and I really do like Cinderella and I think that this song has the right sentiment at heart.  


Ariel's Christmas Island




Confession time:  I really like this song,  it's actually one of my favorite versions, if not my favorite version of this song.  I think that in part is because of a Christmas memory that comes with this song.  If you recall two years ago, I reviewed a Little Mermaid Christmas book from my childhood about how Ariel discovered Christmas and brought it to the ocean. Well, each time, I hear this song I think of little Moviefan reading that book around Christmas time. Even though this was not the song attached to the tape but I really like this song, for the nostalgia factor and because I think, it is just a really fun version and I do believe that is Jodi Benson and Samuel E. Wright, you hear singing.  So, can't go wrong with that.  I mean I like this one so much that it's in my rotation of Christmas songs to listen to on my Ipod.  



There, you have it,  my look at 3 pretty good Christmas songs sung by the princesses and one that was just squeaky and not in the fun chipmunk way.   Join me on Monday for a review of....


A Goof Troop Christmas


 


No comments:

Post a Comment