Take A Look at Disney

5/15/14

Music Fridays # 129: Songs Sung By Cinderella







Hello  &  welcome  back to A Look at Disney and back to  Music Fridays.  With the teaser trailer for   Disney's  live action adaption of Cinderella out,  I've decided that today's Music Fridays will focus on songs sung by Cinderella herself.  With that out of the way, let's begin.



A  Dream  Is  A Wish Your Heart  Makes


Easily,  the most  iconic  song from  her debut film.  And not to mention my favorite song from this film.  This  song shows how much Cinderella  is able to look past  the situation that she is in  and  put on a brave face and  keep moving forward and never lose the sight of her dreams of a better life and actually  being somewhere where people actually care about her and getting away from the Tremaines.  It is such a peaceful song that  always make me happy, when I hear it.   


Sing, Sweet Nightingale


Admittedly,  not one of my favorite songs from the film.  The lyrics really don't stay with me all that much. It's  not bad  but it reminds of Pink Elephants On Parade in how the visuals are more memorable than the actual song itself.














Again,  not a particularly bad song but not one that actually leaves an impression on me.   It's  cute but tell me,    you do remember the lyrics or the visuals of the bubbles more from this sequence.  I'd say the latter.


So This Is Love  

Now , it's funny but  until  I read the DisneyWiki,  I never thought of this as being sung by Cinderella  but the more I think about it,  that makes sense as it Ilene Woods singing here and in that sense, it's kinda like  "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" in that we are hearing the inner thoughts of  how she is feeling and instantly falling for her prince.  That makes this song even sweeter in my opinion.



Perfectly Perfect


Okay,  wow this song  title is a bit redundant and this song sounds lot like   For A Moment from Little Mermaid II.   That is when Cindy is singing.   It  just seems a bit plain.  The part with the sisters is okay and a bit humorous  but even by the standards  of songs from the cheapquels,  it's not one of the better ones.   Though the ending with Drizella is cute and does set up her arc for this film.



More Than A Dream


This song is a bit better and it is kinda  like an "I Want"  song but more of an "I Want It Back"  song.   Now for those that don't  know in Cinderella III, Lady Trmaine undoes  Cinderella's big night by getting a hold of Fairy Godmother's  wand and this song  is a pretty good example of a direct-to-video song.  It's  not perfect but it is pretty good.


More Than A Dream  (Reprise)


A  short little reprise  that  is  both sad and poignant in how  Cinderella  here  at this moment has given up  believing what happened that  night  at the ball actually happened.


True Sisters


Fun  Fact:  This  song  right here was the first  time that Jennifer Hale  sang for Cinderella  as her Cindy's  VA  couldn't  make  it to the recording studio  on time.  Now this song from the pilot  movie for Sofia The First is one that that I've talked about numerous times before.  It's  one of my  favorite  songs from the show  as it does   such a great job reflecting on the broken relationship that Cinderella   ultimately   ended up having with her stepsisters  and she  sees  that Sofia and Amber are still young enough to avoid  the pain she went through by not  having a relationship with her  family and doesn't want  that to happen to them.  In many regards,  that makes this song kinda   sad  and also sweet  at the same time as Cinderella  passes on her wisdom  to the newest  little princess.



There you have it,  I hope that you've enjoyed this Cinderella   Music  Fridays.  Cinderella  is one of my favorite Disney characters and easily in my top 10  of  all time favorite Disney movies.  It  is one of the best Disney movies of all time in my opinion and the music is a part of that and it was a lot of fun to get a chance to take a look some of the various songs that Cinderella has sung over the years.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment