Take A Look at Disney

7/12/16

My Thoughts on The Disney Castle Lego Set





Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  I'm sorry about not having the BTTF Pt. III review up but I finding it increasingly difficult to review that movie.  So, I decided to take a break from blogging and clear my mind but I saw something that I had to discuss.  It has been well documented on here that I love Lego.  It is one of my discussed articles with numerous looking at the various Lego products to my most recent on the release of the Lego Disney minifigures.  Which my Lego Store ran out of.  Grr, I really wanted to get the Genie but just this weekend, Lego announced what may be the greatest Disney Lego set of them all. If not the biggest.  The Disney castle or to be more precise, Cinderella Castle from Disney World.






This story was first broke by WDW News Today.  And let me just say that when images of this thing, I was in Heaven.  I'm typically not one for big builds like this as the piece count stand at 4080 or the Ghostbusters Firehouse and the Classic TV Series Batcave that stand at 4634 & 2526 pieces.  

 



But Lego tapped into the Disney nerd with me and is really tempting me with a set based on an icon of Disney from one of my favorite parks.  The detail is great and from what I understand the castle will include different rooms themed to different Disney movies such as Brave and Aladdin.  Oh, I hope that this set includes a replica of  the Cinderella Suite.





Hey, it'd be the only way that I'd get to see it.  And what about the minifigures, who comes with the set.  




So, it comes with Daisy, Donald, Minnie, Mickey, & Tinkerbell.  Cool,  now 4 of the minifigures have been released before in the first wave of the Disney Minifigures line being Daisy, Donald, Minnie, & Mickey.  The first three are the same exact minifigures as the blindbags  but Mickey has an all new body as we get a Park Mickey. Mickey in tuxedo that you see him wearing in Magic Kingdom.






Now technically, this isn't the first time that Lego has released Mickey in his park outfit   But that was a Duplo set, so for all intents and purposes, this is a brand new Mickey minifigure.




And lastly, we've got Tink. Who is making her first appearance as a minifigure.  She's never been a minidoll.  So, that's great and it's awesome because Tinkerbell is just as associated with the castle as Mickey and the gang.  Seeing the Tink minifigure makes me think of the fireworks shows, where Tinkerbell would fly over the castle.  And I just know that someone is going try and recreate that scene.  I wonder how they'd do Lego fireworks. That's beside the point.  Now, I remember when this set was first rumored, that AFOL's (Adult Fans of Lego) thought it was going to come with a Goofy minifigure.  As we can plainly see here, that is not the case and I have to wonder if that is perhaps because molding Goofy's head for a minifigure proved too challenging.   One other thing regarding the minifigures, there's an exclusion that kinda disappoints me.  I wish this set came with Cinderella.  I mean this set is based on Cinderella Castle after all.  And yeah, I know pictures of her in front of the castle at the park aren't as memorable as Mickey but it just feels amiss to not include her but with the set. But I truly can't shake the feeling that Lego is missing out by not including the most iconic princess of Disney.




I said iconic, not marketable.  (And besides, she's a Queen).  Ah well,  we can't have everything that we want.  And as much as I love this set, I may have to love it from afar as it's really expensive as it stands at $349.99.  Yeah, that's a lot of money for a set. Granted, a really cool looking set and one that really gets at my biggest passion.  Curse you Lego, oh I'm kidding.  I love you, Lego and this set even if it may be out of my price range is a brilliant set and I do hope that this leads to more sets based on the Disney Parks.  Think about it,  how cool would a Haunted Mansion set be.  What are thoughts on the Disney Castle Lego set? Let me know in the comments. Piece!  

No comments:

Post a Comment