Take A Look at Disney

7/15/12

A Talk About Wikia: Kim Possible Wiki

Hello everyone, to the eighth edition of A Talk About Wikia! For people who are new to the series, this is where we talk about a unique Wikias over the internet analyze them with our friends. Today, we are going to take a look at a very wonderful Wiki devoted to the most awesome Disney animated shows of all time, Kim Possible Wiki!

                                        


Here we gathered together again with a very special guest star and our friend Tim, who writes A Look at Disney series.




Tim: First off, I'd like to thank Jason on the House to allowing me to join him on A Talk about Wikia. As for the Kim Possible Wiki, I first came across during my KP Week event from earlier this year when I was searching for information on this show. Now just as with the Disney Wiki, you can find a link to it on my site.




Jason on the House: It's my pleasure to do a collab with you again, Tim. Your KP week article made me really interested in the sho, and I came to this Wikia to know much more about it. I started to watch Kim Possible since then, and I was surprised how awesome and humorous this show is.

The sleek look of the Wikia





Tim: I truly think that this Wikia is great for this franchise as Kim Possible is quite a unique show that can help fans remember certain things about the show and also help to introduce new fans to the show and help better understand certain characters and elements of the show that would be hard to otherwise have a diffcult time and it also goes into greater detail about the characters and the villians than even the Disney Wiki because while that does have a section for KP, it's the Kim Possible Wiki that breaks it down even further and can give you an episode count.




Now Kim Possible is a show that I think have a wiki for does indeed make sense as it ran for 4 seasons and had 2 movies, it does help as this covers the events. I mean they have just dedicated to all of the different outifts Kim wore throughout the season. That's dedication, right there folks. You can also find transcripts for some of the episodes on there as well, so if you wish to use a quote from an episode, it's right there. Though this does bring up one small issue I noticed when working on my review of Nursery Crimes, on the page for that episode along with the page for that villian, she is listed as Nanny Nane yet in the transcript, they have her listed as Nanny Mame. Either, she was still a lame villian.

Image of Kim's outfits collection. ©Disney





Jason on the House: I also noticed some big, important pages such as Drew Theodore P. Lipsky, a.k.a. Dr. Drakken lacks description for what he did from Season 1 to 4, but among other Wikias devoted to Disney animated shows, this Wiki had the most details carefully outlined. Compared to a fellow Disney show wiki Phineas and Ferb Wiki, the wiki is more like telling the story of things and the editors' analysis, while Phineas and Ferb Wiki serves more as a dictionary style, because it references to the episodes related in almost every single sentence.




One of my favourite pages in this Wikia is "Rides List". There is a running gag in the show where Kim gets a free ride from various people for going to whereever she wants, for Kim has done them a favor in the past. There is a wiki page devoted to the people who owed Kim a ride, and what type of transportation they brought!




Tim: These are just some of the things that I like about the wiki, also it is great eye candy as the background perfectly accomdates the show because they ended up using the colors and look of the show's opening theme.

Episode page


Something that I find unique about this particular wiki and I think gives it a greater sense of community is the fact that they have a blog section in the same vein as how we post our blogs here. Now there doesn't seem to be much in the way of activity there right now but I do like seeing that they have other stuff to offer as they also have a forums page. To me this is one of the most important things in keeping not just a wiki but any site with multiple people on it, you need to give them a sense of community and I feel this is one way of doing that.





Jason on the House: I agree. The blog section also gives some updates on Kim Possible franchise, such as announcing that Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure will be replaced by Agent P's World Showcase Adventure at Epcot in Walt Disney World in Florida. Myabe because this show ended years ago, the forum pages are very quiet, and some questions don't even have answers for a long time. I wish more people would participate in the discussions, like Phineas and Ferb wiki.




Thanks to Tim, I recently realized that there was a huge change in characters page in Kim Possible, and I have to say, I really love the new designs. It truly shows the love of fans towards this show, because the format of the profile picture you see below is almost exactly the same image that shows up only for a split second in the first shot of opeing of the show. Almost every sigle character page in this Wiki has this uniuqe background. It connects the Wiki more closer to the show, and I cannot love this new format enough.

The new look of the character page


Not only the character pages, but also the episode pages got a very wonderful new look too, similar to the opening credit images, such as Tick-Tick-Tick episode image above.




Tim: Now I've never edited this wiki as while I'm a fan of Kim Possible, I don't know enough to work on a page and I only recently got back in touch with the show thanks to KP Week.




Jason on the House: While I was browsing the Wikis for Disney animated shows, I found that many of the admins from different Disney-related Wikis interact with and help each other. It really gives the sense of great, big community. There is also surprise present when you edit: Badges!














Nope, sorry! ©Disney


Jason on the House: Um... there are no badges? No profile boxes? Hm, okay.




Tim: At the end of the the day, this wiki is a great tool for anyone that is a fan of the show or someone just getting into this series and they want to learn more about it. I'd go so far as to say that next to the Disney Wiki, this one is one of my favorites and it certainly comes in handy for my Kim Possible articles, which you'll hopefully being seeing a whole lot more of. Once again, I liked to thank Jason on the House for allowing me to once again grace A Talk about Wikia. It was truly an honor.




Jason on the House: It was a great time discussing with you, Tim. This wiki is a gem of the Disney-related wikis, and I hope more people find this Wiki, for it is truly worth checking out. Thanks a million for joining us!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete