Take A Look at Disney

8/12/12

Mater Mondays: El Materdor





Hello and welcome back to Mater Mondays.   I think I've found the best Mater short from season 1, let's get going. 



The Plot


Again as with the other shorts in the series,  Mater goes into detail about  something he supposedly did in the past and this time,  it was about him being a bull fighter, err bulldozer fighter.  This one was pretty funny and for some reason made me think of a Bugs Bunny short.  Perhaps one of my favorite moments is when  the audience thinks El Materdor is dead (yes, I'm calling him that), you see  the audience and they have a look of "oh no" on their face and I just love how they pan to the priest and has one of the best looks.  





Also yes, Mia and Tia do appear in this short.  I'll get there appearance out of the way, right now.  





I have to say that this is one of the few times that I couldn't tell this was Mia and Tia.  Now let's get the characters.



Characters


El Materdor voiced by Larry The Cable Guy





Okay, I'll have to get this out of the way, but the look of Mater keeps on getting better in these shorts.   This one has the most intricate details and fits into the theme of bull fighting.  I have to say that Mater was probably at his best in this short. He felt very confident and sure of himself.  I also love the scene when after the bulldozer has supposedly gone down, you see Mater rise and lift his red cape out from the ground as he rises.  It was just a moment of glory and I know it's dumb but  I had moment of 


Mater will live

After I saw that.    I was like YES!  It was just a great moment  That has to be my favorite moment from this short and one of my favorite moments from these shorts overall.  




Lighting McQueen voiced by Keith Ferguson




Okay at this point,  I've decided to get over my McQueen gets hurt qualm.  It happens in most of these shorts and it's going to happen.  I love the look on McQueen's face of "oh, crap.  Get me out of here"  As he is surrounded by these bulldozers that are about to attack him and there's no way.  Also I don't if it's just me but the pin striping on McQueen looks like it is supposed to be a mustache.  




Rivals



Bulldozers





Now just like the tractors in the first  movie, the bulldozers are treated more like animals,  And it works.  The animal like nature of the bulldozers works so well for this short.  They just keep it simple and they feel like a real threat to our main characters. I'd almost like to see the bulldozers return and maybe do something like a Run of The Bulldozers. I know, I know. It's cheesy but I think it could work.  



My Final Thoughts


This is probably the best short out of the first three. It's the funniest and the moments work to make this so entertaining.  I highly suggest this short if you want a good time with Mater.   Join me next time as I take a look at what I consider one of the better Mater shorts as I look at 







No comments:

Post a Comment