Take A Look at Disney

5/13/11

Can We Talk about Giving Advice

I  do apologize for not posting A Look at Disney but  this is something I need to say. Also it is my first non-Disney Can We Talk about.  I have decided to expand this segment to cover more than just Disney related things that bug  me.  However, when I do a Disney related Can we Talk about, I will still put A Look at Disney in front but not when the subject is not Disney related.  Anyways, this is something I need to say. For the most part, I'd like to believe we as a blogging/reviewing community would like to see each other succeed. I know I'm happy when  see one of my CA friends get a Breakthrough Blog/Awesome Blog. I try to send them a private message congratulating them . Also, I've noticed that we try to give advice to fellow bloggers to help them out. This is where my point starts.

You see, I think it's great to give new bloggers advice such as I know that I try to help people out and I have appreciated the help I have received. It is a great idea to give advice and help the new people out. But what happens, when they don't take your advice?   They just end up making the same mistakes. There are many factors that need to taken into account, here. First of all, they do have a life outside blogging or making videos. They may not have time to read every comment or piece of advice that is left. Next, they may still be trying to work out the kinks in their style. Finally, I hope this to be the rare case. They don't care and if they don't care, you shouldn't either.

You shouldn't care because it shouldn't affect you. Outside of the Internet, do you interact with these people? I know, I don't.  That is not a hit on any of my readers but I'm just stating the facts.

While you shouldn't sugarcoat your comments/advice, don't punch these people through your computer screen. You need to stop and give them the benefit of doubt before you type your words. You can't go from on extreme to another. If you act like a jerk when trying to give advice, they are more than likely going tune you out or delete your comment. You need to find a good middle ground. Don't berate these people by typing  something that come across as  you saying "WRONG!" How do you know it's wrong? It is their style and they may still be trying to figure things out. If they don't fix the mistakes, you noticed tell in them in a calm manner but if it goes on for a multitude of blogs/reviews. Well, you tried to help but your fighting a losing battle. That is when it is time to throw in the towel because they  are making it appear as though they don't care. If they don't care, then neither should you. Don't let it get to you. You tried to help them but they didn't want to hear it.

We all make mistakes. We are only human. Sure I have heard some people say adults don't make mistakes. That's not the case. Again, help them out but don't be rude. That is all I'm saying.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts. Take 'em or leave them. I don't really know  what else to say. I do ask that if you comment that you respect my two wishes of showing respect towards fellow readers and please don't use profanity as some people may be reading this at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment