Take A Look at Disney

5/25/11

Top 6 Movie Posters

Movie posters don't have to seem the essence or charm they once did.  Movie posters used to be able grab you in and give you an idea of the movie and the way they were trying to sell the movie. Sad to day, even Disney has fallen into this trap.  As much as I loved Tangled, the film's poster was underwhelming to say the least. Now I should note that I do not beleive some of these posters to be the original poster but I think they still work for this countdown.





I mean sure you might it is going to the exciting route and we are seeing Rapunzel's hair but that is all we are seeing. Now a good example of a Tangled poster would be this one.  





I feel that this poster gives off a better vibe of the movie and it almost gives the movie a romantic feel and I like that idea because it feels more geniune to the film.  I brought this up because on this Top 6, I will be counting down my Top 6 favorite movie posters.


6. Lilo & Stitch





Personally, I think is one of the last great Disney posters. It's simple yet funny.  When this movie was coming out, Disney was promoting Stitch as being the wild child of the family and being rambunctious.   This poster shows that with all the other Disney characters looking in from the sides of the poster and seeing Stitch and getting scared of what they are seeing. I also like this one because it's not often that you see something like this where characters from other movies who are not in the movie that poster is promoting appear. That was a great idea.


5.   The Lion King




If there is just one word to describe this poster. It would be breathtaking. This poster goes from just being a movie poster and crosses the line and becomes a piece of art. everything about this poster is just so beautiful. From the coloring to show the sky, the ghost of Mufasa looking over Simba with Simba roaring in front of the sun. Now this may not be the origianl Lion King poster but personally, I think it's the best Lion King poster. It truly immerses you into the world of The Lion King.


4.  The Little Mermaid




Here again is another great poster. In this one we see Ariel still in mermiad reaching for the light that leads to the land where she wants to be. It is simple yet very effective. It captures the  spirit and tone of the film quite well. Ariel wants to be free to live on the land and  in this poster she is so close but she still knows being a mermaid is holding her back.


3.   Beauty and The Beast




Just as with The Lion King, I feel that this poster goes into the world of art. Again, I love the background coloring on this poster and how there is that glowing shine around Beast and Belle as they dance. It doesn't look cartoony but rather very mature. It is just a beautiful poster.


2. Aladdin




You can pretty much guess by now that I'm going to say that I feel this poster is a piece of art. While most of the other posters give you either the characters or just a sillouhtettem all you get here is the lamp and Aladdin's hands. Here we see Aladdin rubbing the lamp and there is that glow coming from it. That means the Genie is about to appear. I think part of the reason I like this poster is because with only showing the hands, it lets the people looking at it imagine they are the ones rubbing the lamp.


1. Dumbo




This one is much busier than all the other posters on this list but I like that. This poster gives off two vibes. First, it gives off the vibe of being a cover for a children's storybook with it's childlike charm it has. The other one, which I think you may agree makes more sense is that it gives off the vibe of a circus poster. That would make sense as Dumb does take place at a circus. Also there is just something about the designs of the characters on this one that make me like it even more.


There you are these are just some of my favorite Disney movie posters. Are there any that stick out to you. As always, let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment