Take A Look at Disney

7/22/11

Music Fridays # 16: Songs From The 100 Acre Wood





Ah, Pooh Bear, what a lovable Bear and he is getting his chance to shine once again with the new Winnie The Pooh movie that looks really good and it looks as though it will be a return to what made Pooh Bear so special. Anyways wit that in mind, today I'll be taking a look at some Winnie The Pooh Songs that I enjoy and you will see two of the Pooh Bear TV themes. Let's begin


Return To Pooh Corner - Kenny Loggins






Now I know that this song techinally isn't a Disney song but it's  one of my favorite Pooh Bear songs. This song just takes me back to the innocnence of childhood and I can picture myself  walking through the 100 Acre Wood with Pooh, Piglet and Tigger. This song is just so beautiful  with how Kenny Loggins sings it and the laughter of his little baby is so cute and really adds another layer to this song. This song can almost put me in a dreamlike trance and it always gets me when Kenny sings the line, I swear that the old bear whispered "Boy welcome home" because to me it shows that the father in this song is reconnecting with his childhood.


Now there is one more Kenny Loggins song that I have to include as it is my favorite song from the 100 Acre Wood and yes it has appeared on Music Fridays before but that was all the way back at Music Fridays # 2.

Your Heart Will Lead You Home - Kenny Loggins






First off, I have to say that I'm really happy Disney sought out Kenny Loggins for this film as he is who I think of when I think Pooh Bear songs. As I have stated in the past, this song plays an important role in my life becuase back when my sister and I wouldn't talk to each after she moved out, I would listen to this song and just cry because I always wanted her to come back home but I knew she had moved on.  It's hard not to think back to those times for me and get teary eyed (sorry but I got some tears coming out right now). Anyways, it's a beautiful song and in some ways, it is hard  for me to talk about why I like it but the message is true so long as you follow your heart, your never to far away from your family. The chorus of children in the background is a nice touch as well as it adds more heart and depth to this already beautiful song.


Winnie The Pooh Theme





Now this video actually comes from one of the old sing-along videos and well I think that just adds to the fun of it. There is no way that I couldn't talk about this song because this is the song that defines Winnie The Pooh. This is a timeless song, it is so simple and pure and it almost puts me in a dream like mode and takes me back to watching The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh on Disney Channel. Speaking of which.

The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh





Okay, so this song doesn't hold up as well as the original Winnie The Pooh song. Still love the lyrics and the opening is always fun but it just doesn't sound as good as I recall it. I'm probably wrong but it also sounds flat. Now that's not to say that the singer is doing a bad job per se but it just didn't sound the same. Granted, it has been years since I watched this show but it was a fun show. How about we look at another Pooh Bear TV theme.

Welcome To Pooh Corner




Ignoring "Too Smart For Strangers", this was a good show and part of my childhood. A little bit more so than The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and that may be why I'm more partial to this song. Yes, it is that sing-songy type voice where everything sounds swbut for Pooh that works and I actually feel more emtion in this song than New Adventures. It is sweet simple and sets up the characters quite well.


Now for our last two songs, we will taking a look at classic Pooh Bear songs.

Heffalumps & Woozles




Now this song is often compared to another disney song from my favorite movie and that is song is Pink Elephants on Parade. While I can see that, I think this is the trippier song of those two. Nothing about Pink Elephants really freaks me out but I will admit that the imagery in this scene along with the whistling sounds and prouncations of words is just plain freaky. In a good way though. It's freaky but fun and while I have stated in the past that I didn't understand how Pink Elephants could scare people, I can see how this would.



The Rain Rain (Came Down Down)





This is often an overlooked Pooh Bear song. Though it is really fun and I feel that is due to the way it is sung. We are given the story of what is happening to each of the characters but again the way, the main singers sing this is really fun. In a way, the singing of this sounds like falling raindrops and I also really like how well the line of "I must rescue my supper" fits in conjuction with the other lyrics because we are going from the main singers who are singing in third person to Pooh Bear who is part of the story. That lyric ties them together quite well.


Well, I hope you have enjoyed this special trip to the 100 Acre Woods but it is time to leave as I hear that Pooh and Chrispther Robin are setting up a game of Pooh Sticks. Now I know that this one was a bit longer but there were just so many Pooh Bear songs that I wanted to talk about. Next week, I'll be back down to just 4 songs. Next week, I'll be taking a look at the soundtrack of Cars.



No comments:

Post a Comment