Take A Look at Disney

8/28/11

Top 6 Posts of A Look at Disney 2.0



This past Saturday, I posted my 200th article.  Go figure that my 200th article is one of my few negative reviews.  Since my 100th article, there a lot of great articles to come along and hold a special place in my heart.  Today I'm counting down my Top 6 Posts since the 100th Blog. Which means they have mostly come after that blog. Let's begin.


6.  All of My Cross Overs


Okay so I'm cheating here a little bit seeing as my first cross over took place before the 100th blog but I had a blast working with each individual that I worked with. From counting down the Top 6 Leading Ladies of Disney or debunking Disney Rumors with Manic_Expression.  It was a blast to work with all of them and I feel that really culminated in Music Fridays # 20 with that being my biggest cross over ever.  I had so much fun and it was an honor to have them on A Look at Disney.


5. Automobile Month: The Love Bug




Ah, yes the article that closed out Automobile Month. My first and so far only review of a live action film.  To you this review may not seem like a big deal but I  was always scared of trying to review a live action film. As I felt my reviewing style wouldn't translate but I knew with doing Automobile Month, that I had to try and tackle this film. The original plan was to review the classic 4. Though I felt that would have dragged out Automobile Month more than I wanted to.  Though while I was surprised at well, this one turned out. Some of you reassured me that I did a fine job reviewing this film and that has given me the confidence to review more live action films.





This was perhaps the most unique Music Fridays that I have ever done.  Where I looked at AMV's that used songs from RENT set to  clips of Disney films.  I had a lot of fund with this one and it was just an honor to take part in Arthur Knowledge's collab to spread the word about LGBT teens and the hardships that they face.  When Arthur first announced this, I knew that this is exactly what I wanted to do. I had this article written on the night that Arthur announced his collab. That's how much I wanted to do this article and Arthur announced this collab on April 26th and this didn't go up until July 8th. So it sat for a while but I was just so pumped to get this done.




With this post, I got a bit more personal when I talked about all of my favorite Disney stuffed animals and what they all mean to me.  I also talked about how I found them and how it long it took to find them and why Mickey (making his 4th appearance)  means so much to me as he is like my safety blanket.  As I just feel safe with him around.



 


To this day, this will be my favorite review.  I feel that I perfectly covered everything from the characters to the music. Though this review took me the longest to write as I spent 2 weeks working on it. I spent 2 weeks working on it because I wanted it to be perfect and I felt so much pressure to get it  just right with this review.  Personally, my favorite part of this review was talking about Gaston and how he changed throughout the film. Honestly,  I feel that this quote  from LittleMissFoolish summarizes how I feel about this review.


You really managed to do this movie justice. I loved this review! I didn't think it was possible, to give every single element of this movie the time in the limelight it deserved, but you did it.






This article almost didn't happen because of how personal I was in this article with talking about my epilepsy.  I was worried that this article would be ill received but I was wrong and all of the comments were highly respectable. I thank you for that as this article wasn't easy to write.  I had the idea of this article in my head for a while but I didn't know how to approach the subject with it being so personal.  Though I thought using Stitch was a great jumping off point and I felt it was just handled well.  There could be no other article in the this slot because of how much this one means to me as I was putting it all out there.

I hope you have enjoyed this look at what I consider my Top 6 Posts since my 100th blog.  Now your favorite may not have made the list and if not what post sticks out to you. Tell me in the comments. 









No comments:

Post a Comment