Take A Look at Disney

11/25/11

Music Fridays # 33: Christmas Special

Now I know that Epcot was supposed to be next but I have decided to post this one instead and Epcot will come next week as I'm in the Holiday spirit. 




Yes it's that time of year. Time to hang the holly and celebrate Christmas.   Now just a heads up, I will be doing Christmas reviews but with my Three Little Pigs retrospective starting this week and Music Fridays already planned out and the fact that I won't be home for the holidays, I have decided that there won't be as many Christmas reviews and you may get two Classic Shorts Showcase a week for the next couple of weeks, on Christmas themed and one Pigs review.  Anyways,   I knew I wanted to talk about some Disney Christmas Music but seeing as I already have something else in store for this Friday, I have decided to do the first ever  A Look at Disney Christmas Music Special.


Disney Christmas Melody






This song or melody rather comes from the ending of Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and is just a culmination of some of the classic carols that we all know and love from the Holiday season featuring the characters from all of the shorts.  It's a fun little piece.  Simple but it works well in closing out the film.  


Oh What a Merry Christmas Day






This in my opinion is one of the more underrated Christmas songs.  It is a beautiful song and just the way it is sung can send spines up my back.  It is a beautiful song and captures the spirit of this short quite well.  It's rather sad that it doesn't get more airtime and I do not believe that it has been released separately. Don't worry, I'll review this short but that will be later down the road.  


It Won't Be Long 'Til Christmas (Let Them Go)





This song actually comes from one of the few Disney movie that I have not see but I hope to one day. This is from The Happiest Millionaire.  Which I have touched upon in the past.  I first learned of this song through a CD I own that is a collection of Sherman Brothers penned songs and this caught my attention, pretty quick. It is a rather somber tune and while  yes it can be viewed as a Christmas song, I also see it as a song about this couple realizing that they need to let their children grow up and in that context, it is a haunting tune. 


Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Love Handel








Our favorite '80s band from Danville, Love Handel delivers one rockin' rendition of this Christmas staple.  They took this song and made it a fist pumping awesome song.  Love Handel makes everything better and this is such a fun song. That like other songs can be summed by saying "One More Time!"



The Best Christmas of All






To close out, we have a Christmas song from House of Mouse. Is it sweet? Is it sappy? You bet'cha  but I like it and it is a nice little song to close out on.  I enjoy it, perhaps not as much as the others but it's an okay song and it does give me that Christmas vibe that is just right to start the Holiday season.

I hope you have enjoyed my look at these Disney Christmas songs but before I leave I would like to leave you with my favorite Christmas song of all time, Bellau Wood by Garth Brooks.








No comments:

Post a Comment