Take A Look at Disney

7/17/12

Can We Talk about Finding Nemo 2





Pixar, Pixar, Pixar.  We need to talk.  Look, I like you and not just because your a part of Disney. Sure that helps and look I like most of your films save for that one superhero film but others liked it and  when people wanted to bash Cars, I'd be there to defend it. But this has to stop.  You've made great movies in the past and had a lot of original ideas.  I think that's the problem.  I get it, you love these characters and so do your fans but we want to be introduced to new characters as well.  I mean you had Newt planned but that was cancelled because you feared that'd it be too much like Rio.












That's fine and heck I'll admit that my favorite film from you guys is a sequel.   Toy Story 2 in my opinion is the best film you ever did.   Toy Story 3, while I'm not a fan, I can't deny it's accolades and as for Cars 2, well I don't know what happened there.  Look Cars is in my top 2 Pixar films of all time, guys but there was no need for a sequel to that film.  I mean sure I love the little Mater shorts that you made leading up to that film and I'm even doing a retrospective on all of them but I think those work because they capture the humor of Mater quite well in a short amount of time. Back to my point though, there really doesn't seem to be a need for this film.  Don't get me wrong I love the characters especially and y'know in a way maybe we should've seen this coming with  Nemo being re-released in 3D no less.















I have to be honest I started getting weary of you guys jumping on the sequel train, when I learned about Monsters University as again that just seems unneeded.
















This one really bugs me seeing as your messing up the contintuiy of your first film because it was stated in the trailers for Monsters Inc.  that our heroes had known each other since elementary school.    Look, I'm not saying sequels can't be good but guys,  as I said up top,  we want to know the other characters that you think up.  Take for example Brave and so help me if you make a sequel to that film.




















You know I brought along someone rather close to you to express his feelings on the matter.    Maybe Woody can help you see the light.















Thanks Woody.   Pixar, look I can't be mad at you but Woody does sum up my feelings on this idea rather well.  It's more like disappointment.   Look I love your work, your shorts are fantastic, you've created some of my favorite film characters but  it just seems as though your only doing sequels for the money.   Now I don't know if that's the case but what happened to the Pixar that told original stories and didn't have to rely on it's already known properties to get people in the door. I mean sure, your brand alone will do that and you should know that too.   Look, I'll probably see this film to give it a chance.  I've seen all but three of your  films in the theater.   I always respect what you did with Toy Story as that was ambitious at the time but your not the same anymore.   Have you heard the song Somebody That I Used To Know.  I only ask because that  in an odd way sums what I'm feeling right now.  On a sidenote,  I feel like someone needs to do a Pixar version of that song after this news.  



I don't know what else to say to you guys.  Look I respect you and I still have the memories of your classics but really, guys?   I'd  like to end this by saying that I once recall hearing your boss, John Lasster say that Pixar would only make sequels if he thought there was a new story that could be told with the characters.  I kinda get that but at the same time, there is no need for a Nemo 2.   That film perfectly stands on it's own and  while I don't think a sequel would ruin or tarnish it's legacy.  It just seems like a dumb idea.   Pixar, I'm sorry but you can't keep doing this.   Because not every film needs a sequel and Nemo is one of those films.    Peace!  I still love your work and all but what happened to the Pixar That I Used To Know?  

2 comments:

  1. The only sequels I ever enjoyed from them were the Toy Story sequels. Now explain yourself! What bugs you about Toy Story 3? I'm very curious. I only dislike Cars, Cars 2 and a little bit of Bug's Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, TS3 isn't bad but I think that it's overrated and just not as good as TS2. In my opinion after TS2, that one to me was a bit of a letdown. As I said it's not bad but it's not one of my favorites and I know that's unpopular opinion but hey, I'm the same guy that put Cars in his top 2 Pixar films. I think two of my biggest issues with TS3 is that Lots-o' feels a bit like Stinky Pete to me and I also feel like they were introducing too many new characters in what was supposed to be the final chapter in that series. Do not misunderstand me, I recognize it's not bad but out of all the the Toy Story films, I find it to be the weakest.

      Delete