Take A Look at Disney

7/12/12

Music Fridays # 59: More From House of Mouse (House of Mouse Week)





Hello and welcome back to Music Fridays. Well, folks I gotta say I'm bit sad but it's the last day of House of Mouse Week as I take a look at the music but strap yourselves in as this is is going to be a special-sized Music Fridays.    



Bippity Boppity Boo 








There are no words for this one, this has to be one of the strangest things ever. Bippity Boppity Boo as sung by Jafar and Iago.  WHAT,  this is just weird!    I mean don't get me wrong, it's funny as get up but again I have to huh?   It's great for a laugh because this is the last thing I'd expect with Jafar.  Maybe this should've been my Strange Covers Music Fridays because it fits the bill.   It's fun but it's still jarring. 



Boom Da Boom 







Oh, God  my eyes they burn.  The image of Pete in a tutu is just so disturbing.  Excuse me,   I need to shower. ..  Few minutes later, I'm back. This has to be one of the stranger things that the show ever did.  It's fun but Pete in tutu, I'm sorry but ugh.   As for the song,  I have to agree with Mickey's reaction.   This is just another song that makes you WTH?    It's not bad but it's out there.   



Grim Grinning Ghosts


 


Now this is more like it,  they didn't mess with the song and this is a nice version of it and I enjoy how it's used to freak out Pete. That is just awesome and makes for a really fun song and it was great way to expose a newer audience that may not be able to go the parks to this gem. 



I'm No Fool 







Did Jiminy just spoil every Disney movie/diss every single Disney movie that had come out by this point.   If you didn't hate Jiminy before,  you may now  and oh to explain the Pain and Panic thing,  they convinced to Pinocchio to leave Jiminy and have fun.   But as for this song,  I can't say I've ever been the biggest fan of this character and this song isn't helping. Honestly, I think this is the weakest song we've looked at so far and  I'm not a fan of how it's done in that talk-song style because it doesn't feel like a real song even though it listed as a song. I just can't see that way.  



Everybody Wants To be A Woof






This one is just so funny, I love this take on Everybody Wants To be a Cat or in this dog and Dodger is the perfect character to use for this. Now that is not Billy Joel but the VA did a good enough job in my mind and this one is simple fun.  




Soup, Salad, Fries, or Biscuits





Do I even to tell you guys what they use as the melody for this. It's one of the most famous songs from Mary Poppins and funnily enough, so far this and Jafar's odd cover have two of the few songs that aren't performed on the stage.  I like this song, granted I had forgotten about it but it's still a fun listen and it has some interaction between Max and Goofy and that's always a plus.



You Can Fly, You Can Fly








This one is charming in it's own right and it's cute.  I feel for Donald and  this is a great climax for this episode as Donald wanted to learn how to fly in this episode and who better to teach him than the master and I think this is one of the better and less strange Donald songs, I've heard and I think using Peter Pan was a smart move. Although listening to the VA, I think they used the same voice actor from Aladdin. Not a bad thing but rather just an observation. 




We Are The Three Caballeros








Now for our next two songs, we go to The Three Caballeros and I know there are some changes made to this song to both Jose and Panchito such as not having their gun or cigar but I barely noticed when watching this as a kid and there also some changes made to the song choice but I see this version as a fitting tribute and these characters barely appear on anything and it's nice to see them again. 




My Name is Panchito 





Out of the two Caballeros songs, I like this one better.  It is just so silly and so fun.   That is the best thing about all of these songs, they are fun and this one showcases the character of Panchito well  and it is just a fun and silly song.  I can't ask for much more. 




The Ludwig Von Drake Song







Our  next song comes from Ludwig and as I said at the start of this event, here Mickey is trying to prove that Von Drake doesn't know everything and he goes on to ask where all the guests sit and that is where the awesomeness of this song comes in. I can't count on my hand but the number of cameos in this one number are awesome and it is a fun song to back it up as well and of course as I've said, the icing on the cake is seeing an animated Roy Disney. That is just awesome.  



A Parrot's Life For Me







Okay, Iago you are forgiven for what you did to Tiki Room with your New Management.   Yeah, I'm still not over that because this makes up for it and yes,  I know it's Iago's take on another classic Disney Parks song but here's the thing, it doesn't fee as insulting as New Management and it goes back to it being fun to listen to and I have I think I like Iago's singing here more than any other time, I've heard him sing.


The Donald Duck Song







This is just all kinds of awesome, they brought back the classic Donald Duck theme but I must say that the  '70s attire was an odd touch but I've read that it was supposed to be connected to An Extremely Goofy Movie.  (I hope that's not the case)  It's a sweet little moment between friends and it shows how much Goofy thinks of Donald...  if you ignore the ending which is hilarious.  



There you go, I hope that you've enjoyed my look at these songs from House of Mouse and House of Mouse Week in general. It's been a blast getting to share my favorite show with you. Join me next week for a special Music Fridays as DisneyOtoko and I go Under The Sea to take a look at the Music of Altantica. 






2 comments:

  1. I have a question, but what happened to our review of Ask Von Drake? I'm just wondering since you said this was the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping that one a surprise for the audience. It's going to go up as a bonus on Monday

      Delete