Take A Look at Disney

9/13/12

Music Fridays # 67: Heigh Ho Mozart





Hello & welcome back. Today's Music Fridays is a bit unique. While I'll still be looking at Disney music, these are pieces of music that have been rearranged into the style of a famed composer.  Now I don't know much about composers to be honest but this does sound like a neat idea. With this out of the way, let's begin.


Beauty and The Beast -  English Orchestra with Carol Rosenberger (In the style of Sergei Rachnmanioff )








Again as I said, I know very little about composers or classical music but I don't know,  there is something about this one that I find really peaceful and the piano just seems to suit this song.  Now this is a problem I know I'm going to have listening to these versions but it always seems when I listen to an instrumental piece of a song, I know I want to stuff the words back in. Here this one is just so gorgeous.  It's almost a hauntingly beautiful melody.  I will say that this one does a great job of transporting me back to this scene. Okay as much I do like the piano, I do think that at points, it was a little overbearing but still good nonetheless.   An enjoyable start to this Music Fridays. 


Second Star To The Right - Voices of Ascension (In the style of Thomas Tallis)








Okay, I can't say I'm as big a fan of this one as I was of this album's Beauty and The Beast. I think the thing that kills this number for me are voices. It has a church sound to it and while that is what this composer was apparently known for,  I just don't care for it. Yeah, I know that it had a church sound in the film but I liked it there. Here, not so much and I just can't put my finger on it.


Under The Sea - Millar Brass Ensemble (In the style of Scott Joplin)





This one is really cool.  I'm certainly a fan of this one.  It's just so upbeat and fun and Scott Joplin was apparently The King of Ragtime and yeah, I can feel that here. This version almost sounds like something you'd hear in one of those clubs from maybe the '20s or at least how Hollywood portrays that ear or would it be '30s.  No, I'm sticking with the former.  Okay, we are back on  track with this really awesome take on Under The Sea.  So far, I think the Millar Brass Ensemble have delivered my favorite piece from this album.



Colors of The Wind - Arranged by Donald Fraser (In the style of Antonin Dvorak)






Okay, this is another one that I really like. Again just like Beauty and The Beast, this is able to transport me back to this moment from this particular film. In my opinion, this one is also very beautiful and may sound strange to say but it also feels very touching and heartwarming. Man, I almost  want to do a pantomime type sketch to this piece of music as I think that this one would lend itself the best to that.  Going to being touching for a moment, I also think this one feels to be the biggest in scope and it has the most emotion to it.  You know, I don't know if I can choose a favorite between this one and the  Millar Brass Ensemble's take on Under The Sea as in my opinion, they're the best.


All in all, these were some fun take on these classic Disney songs. Well okay, I didn't really care for Second Star to The Right but 3 out of 4 isn't bad. This is one that I had a ton of fun listening to. Join me next time as I take a look at songs that involve the...


World




1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I know this is sort of off-topic but I had to ask.
    Does building a well-established website like yours take a massive amount work?
    I'm brand new to operating a blog but I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like to start a blog
    so I can easily share my own experience and thoughts online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.

    Appreciate it!
    Look at my web-site : apartamentos marinador

    ReplyDelete