Take A Look at Disney

11/16/12

Music Fridays # 71: Dragon Week




Hello & welcome back to Dragon Week. Today, we close out Dragon Week with a Music Fridays celebrating the music of the dragons.   With that out of the way, let's begin.   


Keep 'Em Guessing 







Our first song is a cut song from Mulan that Mushu was originally going to sing, called Keep 'Em Guessing.   In the song, Mushu is trying to convince Mulan that she can successfully pass as a male so long as she listens to him.  I really like this number as it has a very lounge feel and it just has  a nice flow to it.   It's a very entertaining song but at the end of the day, I can see why it was cut as it wasn't really needed. Here's an odd thought but did anyone else think of Friend Like me while listening to this number. 


Sing A New Song 


 



Now this is one of the few dragons that I didn't cover during this week but this is Simon, he's a sea dragon that hides because people are always scared of him because he's a dragon and he just wants to be friends with people. With this Ariel is basically telling him that he just needs to have a new outlook on life and things might turn out better and in this same episode, she invites him to Altantica.   (Put 2 & 2 together and I think  you can figure out what happened next).  It's a cute song with a good message of looking on the bright side of things.


American Dragon: Jake Long Theme  Song (Season 2) 








As I said in my Jake Long review, I prefer season 2 of this show and I even feel that may some improvements on the theme. As for the theme, itself.  It's okay but in terms of  animated Disney Channel shows, it doesn't rank that high on my list but of course it has to compete with Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls and the greatest Disney Channel show ever, Kim Possible. Which undoubtedly had the best animated Disney Channel theme song but back to Jake Long.  The theme for this show is simple and to the point and they cut out some of the unneeded padding from season 1 such as the section where Jake was rapping.  That was bad.   I feel by making it shorter, they improved upon the theme quite a bit.




One Little Spark 








Okay, if you read my Top 6 Dragons earlier this week, this should come as no surprise.   As stated there, this song was my introduction to the character of Figment and when I first heard his voice, I found a new  favorite character.   It is just a cute little song that talks about imagation and Figment's voice is just so infectious, that I find it hard not to like this purple dragon.  Also he works so well off Dreamfinder as observed by this song and the song is just so wonderfully infectious that I had to close out with this song.  



I hope you all have enjoyed Dragon Week. Join me next week for a Music Fridays, where I tap into a Guilty Pleasure as I take a look at the music of Miley Cyrus.    Yes, I do like some of her earlier songs and they count because her record were released by Disney at the time. I should clarify, I'm looking at Miley songs not Hannah Montana songs.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website.
    I'm hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own site now ;)
    Here is my web-site : Do Not Click Here

    ReplyDelete