Take A Look at Disney

12/31/12

Top 6 Posts of A Look at Disney 2012



I know I'm a bit late on this one.  In the past when I was on TGWTG, I would count down my Top 6 articles when ever I reached every 100th blog. Since posting at ME, I've stopped keeping track of that. So instead, I've decided to bring this back as a yearly thing.   So, I hope you enjoy this countdown as what I consider my best articles of 2012.   Also, I've changed one rule that I use to have for these countdowns.


6.  Mater Mondays

















Okay first off, I promise that I will soon have a Mater Mondays article page up.   Now I know this is more then one article and I guess  part of the reason, I've decided to put this on the list is because  I had so much fun writing these.  This was my second big retrospective  that I did, the first being Three Little Pigs Thursday.  Well this one was certainly longer then the Three Little Pigs because there were more Mater shorts to discuss. As I've said in the past, I love Cars. It's one of my favorite Pixar movies and getting to explore this world some more with these shorts was fun and being able to get to spend more time with these characters that I love was a great time. Now I'm sure there'll be more Mater reviews in the future.



5.  Can We Talk about Entertainment Weekly's Best/Worst Animated Disney Films List











Boy did I have a lot to say with this one. When I first saw this article, I could only think "Who let you post this to your site?"   It was fun getting to take down this article from such a giant in the magazine industry. Sure, they probably never saw this article but their list was just awful when came to the worst side. Look, it's not that I disagree with the choices. Which I do but rather how poorly they explain or don't explain why these films are on the worst list. I mean they don't even state why Robin Hood is on the worst list. So, this was just fun as I got to be a little devious and have fun here. Now for this slot it was between this and one other Can We Talk about, which I consider the standout Can We Talk about's of this year. The other one being my Can We Talk about Skinny Disney. While that one was good, I just had more fun with this one.









4.   Tangled















I really loved this review. It had to be one of my most in-depth reviews and also one of my longest.  I've always loved this film and I've talked about it so much on A Look at Disney that getting to review was such a delight.   I must admit that this film has probably appeared on my blog quite a few times and I do have at least two more Tangled articles coming up in the future. I think one of my favorite things in this review was getting to talk about all of the characters.



3.  Aladdin Vs. Flynn Rider













This is my all time favorite Vs.  I know it may not be the most popular but I really liked this one. Everything in this one just felt right.   I honestly think this was the best Vs. to date. Though there is a future one coming up that may take it's place.    This is one like Frollo Vs. Mother Gothel that I had in my head but unlike that one, I think this one turned out way better then that one.



2.   Indiana Jones and The Attractions of Disney




















This article mainly came about because I'd just seen Lost Ark in the theaters the weekend before I posted this one.   This article is the first in what I hope becomes a new regular segment on my blog.  The whole idea of taking one theme be it a movie or anything else and looking at it how it is represented in  the park is a lot of fun and while there are a lot of great theme park reviews out there, I haven't seen anyone do it like this before. I can tell you that we will have another theme park article when we visit Nemo.




1.   Music Fridays # 70: Disney On Broadway (with Jason)














 Music Fridays # 70 is perhaps my all time favorite  cross over.  Everything about it just worked so well.  Jason has to be one of the best partners I've ever done a cross over with.   And I'll admit part of the reason that I have such a soft spot for this cross over besides how well the chemistry is, I love the theater joke.  It was just a blast to do and also knowing that is the last, I did with Jason is kind of bittersweet. Because I always loved working with her but man, at least  I got to work with someone whose friendship I cherish greatly one last time and on one of the best Music Fridays, that has been posted.








There you have the Top 6 posts of 2012.   Now there are some honorable mentions such as Skinny Disney and my review of Sofia The First and Top 6 Disney References on Once Upon A Time. While those are good, I just feel that these are better.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on orthophotos. Regards
    Also visit my homepage : topografía

    ReplyDelete