Take A Look at Disney

12/28/12

Music Fridays # 77: Trailer/Promotional Songs



Music has always been prominent in films and sometimes in their trailers or promotions but there are times when there are songs that are used in the trailers for these films or to promote and they do not actually appear in the film they're promoting and they may not even appear on that film's soundtrack. Today, I've decided to take a look at some of these songs starting with the most recent example.



Some Nights (Featured in the Trailer for Wreck-It-Ralph) - fun






I LOVE THIS SONG!  This is easily my favorite song of the year and far superior to fun's last song. Sure, this song has appeared everywhere as of late but I feel that it really made perfect sense for Wreck-It-Ralph. Especially with the lyric in the beginning

What do I stand for?


I feel that perfectly sums Ralph's journey to show that he is more then just a bad guy and I very much relate because quite often, I ask myself the same thing and I think it also goes back to Ralph trying to prove that he is more then just a label. Something, I've felt I've had to prove all my life, my disablties don't make who I am, they are just a part of me.  Going back to the song,  it shows the person in this song is trying to find themselves, somewhere we've all been and that is why it makes sense for Wreck-It-Ralph as he too was trying to find himself.   Now one of the great things about this song is that I think it can be applied to many different scenarios and have a different meaning such as with Ralph, I stated that I felt it related to him discovering himself and I've also heard people say that it's about war and I could see that but I think there is more to then just that but again that is just my opinion.  




Somewhere Only We Know (Featured in the trailer for Winnie The Pooh (2011) - Keane 





Now I've touched upon in this song in the past but I felt that I had to bring it up again.   In the way, Disney was promoting the last Pooh Bear film, this one makes sense as they were sending a message of come back to the 100 Acre Wood to see all of your old friends.   They were saying that the people who grew up with Pooh, that it's time to go back. Well, some of us never left.    That's why I've felt that even though Winnie The Pooh is a children's film, like Toy Story 3 it was made for an audience that grew up with the characters but unlike TS3 where we said goodbye, with this song being used to promote Pooh, it was inviting us to say Hello to our old friends from the 100 Acre Wood.  



The Flubber Song (Used to promote The Absent-Minded Professor) - Fred MacMurray






Now this is a bit different from our last two as you see this song was written to promote the song that it's attached to but like those two, it did not appear in the film. This song here was pinned by The Sherman Brothers and sung by The Absent-Minded Professor himself and as you can see with this song, they had Fred MacMurray sing in character explaining what Flubber is and what it can do. It's a really fun song.





1 comment:

  1. Link exchange is nothing else except it is simply
    placing the other person's website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same for you.
    Also see my site: tattoo removal

    ReplyDelete