Take A Look at Disney

3/5/13

Takeover Week: Top 6 Belle Moments







Hello & welcome back to Takeover Week.  Today, we continue this week of 4 Top 6's as I countdown the Top 6 Belle Moments. And surprisingly, it was tough coming up with 6 moments for Belle.  But I was able to and with that out of the way, let's begin.







For those of you wondering, this song comes from the play and it was written  for R&B singer Toni Braxton, for when she took on the role of Belle (pictured above) and I must say, it is a very good song for Belle. Now the version I linked to is not Ms. Braxton as I don't believe that has ever been released officially. This song comes after Belle leaves Beast and the best way to describe it is by saying that it is a coming of age for song for Belle and we witness her realize that she is growing up and that she can love.  In many ways, this song is Belle's version of my favorite song from this play, If I Can't Love Her. Well, at least the reprise as in that Beast has comes to terms with the fact that he can love and I feel that Belle is doing the same thing here. Now the only reason, this is at # 6 is because I wanted to try and keep this list to film moments but I had to include this one. 



5.  Belle




Ah, what a great introduction for one of the greatest ladies of Disney.   This is my all time favorite song from this movie and I think the big reason, I love it is because it is such  a great introduction for both Belle and the town.  But just sticking with Belle, the big reason, I love it is because this song lets us know what we need to know about Belle in such a fun fashion.  Easily, one of the greatest introduction songs that any character has. This reminds me why Belle is tied with Ariel for second favorite princess.  










Okay,  while Belle, is my all time favorite Beauty and The Beast song, the reprise does something better.  It shows us the independent side of Belle and how she is her own woman and lets us into her mind and what she wants.  It is amazing how such a short reprise.  And also is it just me or am I only one to think Belle looks better in this outfit, then her ballgown?  I don't know, I'm not to rank how hot animated Disney characters are but  I just don't like her in that dress as much as I do in this outfit. Anyways, that's enough sidetracking.  



3.   Taking Her Father's Place as Beast's Prisoner 




This is another important moment for Belle as it shows how much she cares for her father as she is willing to take his place, just so that he can be free and get better.  It truly shows how much Belle loves Maurice that she is willing to basically give up her own life for her father's.   Man, that is some dedicated love right there.   It's just impressive that she is willing to do that.



2. Coming Back To See Beast





Beast: You - You came back. Belle: Of course I came back. I couldn't let them... Oh, this is all my fault. If only I'd gotten here sooner. Beast: Maybe... it's better - it's better this way. Belle: Don't talk like that. You'll be all right. We're together now. Everything's going to be fine, you'll see. Beast: At-at least... I got to see you... one last time. 



I think this moment speaks to how much these two care for each other.  Anyways, Belle coming back for Beast shows that she has accepted him and cannot stand the thought of losing him as we see with the way, she speaks to him. Also, gotta love the rain, that really adds to the emotion of this moment. I'd have to say that for Belle, this is perhaps her most tragic moment.  It is in my honest opinion that the only two princess movies to perfectly pull off a loved one almost dying are Beauty and The Beast and Tangled but in terms of  sadness, I have to give it to Beauty and The Beast.  Something about this scene is just so sad and heartbreaking and I think it comes from the dialogue.




1.  Standing Up To The Mob and Defending Beast


   











Gaston: If I didn't know better, I'd think you had *feelings* for this monster. Belle: He's no monster, Gaston, *you* are! 



I pretty much knew that this had to be my # 1.  As I feel that this moment perfectly shows what great lengths, Belle is willing to go to in order to protect Beast.  She will not let anyone talk about badly about him and  she is easily angered by Gaston's words towards Beast and will not hear any of it.   It is a great moment for Belle  as her compassion for Beast is on full display here.   I think this is the moment that shows how much Beast means to Belle quite well.



There you have it, my Top 6 Belle Moments.  Join me tomorrow as I close out with a final Top 6.   What is the final Top 6?   Well, your going to have to wait and find out.  I'm letting anyone know just yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment