Take A Look at Disney

4/11/13

Music Fridays # 89: Totally Minnie





Hello & welcome back.   Today, we are taking a look at 4 songs from the novelty soundtrack, Totally Minnie. Now if you recall that 1988 special I reviewed, these two things have nothing in common other then having the same name.   Is it any better then the special? Well, I hope so.





Totally Minnie 









Okay, I'm a bit torn on this song.  I really like the beat and the lyrics are fun and do capture part of Minnie and that's a good thing. But while I do like this song, at the end of the day, it sounds generic and forgettable. Generic does not equate bad but it doesn't do anything to make me remember the lyrics.  I'll remember the beat but I'm sure I'll forget the lyrics to this song.




Dear Daisy 









Okay, this song is just adorable.   I like the idea of how it takes the idea of an advice columnist and puts Daisy in that role and we get to hear her answers to her readers and they are sweet answers as  they feel genuine and real.  And gotta love the fact that they included Donald in there.  Now if the Totally Minnie special had gone along the lines of something like this song, I think I could've liked the special more because while Daisy is giving her readers advice, she is leaving it up to them on what they should do.   This is a much better song then Totally Minnie.



Girl Talk 


 





I don't know how I should feel about this song.  I mean obviously this song like most of this soundtrack was not meant to appeal to someone of my gender but that hasn't stopped me from liking things that were meant for the opposite gender before.    I guess in that regard, it's an  okay song, if a bit shallow but I kind of expected when I saw the title and just as I said generic does not always equate bad, I feel the same is true if something is shallow.  Not everything needs depth to it as we can see with these three songs, they are just meant to be fun and in that regard, they most certainly succeed. 



Minnie's Workout 






A catchy little number that as you can see is meant to get the young girls listening to it up and moving.   Somehow, I have a feeling if somewhere heard this song today and heard the lyric when they said overweight, they get offended.  Going off track there, again it's catchy as I found myself tapping my foot while listening to this number and this reminds me, I need to review Mousercise for a future installment of Music Fridays.


So at the end of the day, I enjoyed this album and I found it to be better then the special.





No comments:

Post a Comment