Take A Look at Disney

8/28/13

Classic Pixar Shorts Showcase: Geri's Game





Hello & welcome back to Classic Pixar Shorts Showcase.  Today, we are taking a look at Geri's Game.  After Knick Knack, last week, this one was a huge improvement.  It was a lot of fun.



The Plot


The plot is so simple, it's an old man playing a game of chess with himself and the antics come through in watching him play.



Character


Geri



It's interesting to note but there were clearly two different sides of Geri,  the persona playing with the white parts came across and the more innocent old man just trying to have fun whereas the persona playing with the black pieces was the one that was in it to win it and was rubbing it in his opponent's face.  



My Final Thoughts


This short was fun and I can't ask much more then that.  It was also a good look into all people act in competitions and how we may react differently regarding the situation.  I highly suggest this short.  So far, this is in my opinion the best Pixar short.  Join me next time as I take a look at...


For The Birds






No comments:

Post a Comment