Take A Look at Disney

9/19/13

Music Fridays # 106: More Sofia Songs





Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  Today, we are turning our attention back to Sofia The First.  I got nothing,  I just really like this show.  With that out of the way, let's begin.


Main Theme








I at first didn't like the theme song but it has grown on me over time.  It's pretty cute and sets up the show well enough.  It lets you know who Sofia is and what the idea of the show is.



Good Little Witch








I was so happy that I could find the version that included  Sofia's little song before this one.  This has to be  my favorite episode and my favorite song from the series thus far because it's a great lesson for kids of giving people a second chance.  You see Lucinda here,  is a little witch that was always hexing the town and played mean tricks because she didn't know anything else to do but she really wanted friends and Sofia taught her how and we see through the process of Lucinda making up for her past mistakes in this song, that the children are starting to forgive her. Something really cool, the voice of Lucinda, Merit Leighton actually commented on this video.



Best Friend Back







This is a really good duet and who knew Wayne Brady voicing a bunny could actually make me feel bad for him.  This is also a really good episode, where Sofia's best friend Clover is feeling neglected and decides to run away but as you can hear here, the hare is starting to regret his decision and wants to be back with Sofia. This one to me kinda has a '90s pop feel to it.  It's probably Brady's voice and the background music that they used for this number.




I'll Get My/That Amulet 








The two best characters in the show sharing a duet.  I'm okay with that but admittedly as good as this episode was, this song is sub par.   It's not bad and I love the contrast within the song as you hear the different reasons why the Amulet is important these two. And how they'll go through different ways of finding it.  I should mention that in this episode, Sofia had her amulet stolen by a baby giffon.   He was cute though.




There you have it, I hope that you've enjoyed my look at these 4 songs. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment