Take A Look at Disney

1/23/14

Classic Shorts Showcase: The Birthday Party



Hello & welcome back  to  A Look at Disney.  And to Classic Shorts Showcase,  man it's  been  a while since I've done a Showcase. And with my birthday coming up ,  next month,  I've decided to take a look at  two  classic Mickey shorts,  The Birthday Party, this week,  and Mickey's  Birthday Party,  next week.  With that out of the way,  let's get going to this party.  



The Plot

There really isn't much of a plot here.  We are just watching Mickey and his friends  enjoying  a party being thrown for his birthday. 





 There are great little gags such as when Mickey goes to blow the candle on his cake and blows the cake onto the baker.




And  then   the rest of the short  is just watching Mickey ,  Minnie,  Horace,  and Clarabelle and others enjoying the party.  Such as Mickey and Minnie playing the piano and singing.   Or watching dancing or Mickey playing the xylophone.  Now,  there were some weird moments such as the stools playing the piano or Mickey riding the xylophone  like a bull rider.


 




All  in all,  this was a pretty fun short.  Even if,  Mickey and Minnie  in this short can't really sing all that well but that is the only thing that brought the short down.


Characters


I'm  only going to focus on Mickey in this short.



Mickey Mouse















I  loved watching Mickey in this short as you could see that he was enjoying himself at this party and Mickey was  just  so much fun.  He really embraced the party and had a blast.    Now,  I won't go over Memorable Moments as I did that with the plot.



My  Final Thoughts


This  is  a fun short  and  while the plot may be simple,  that's okay.  It is highly enjoyable  and one I suggest.  Join me next week as I look at the remake...


Mickey's Birthday Party


No comments:

Post a Comment