Take A Look at Disney

1/2/14

Top 12 Posts of 2013




Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  2013 was a pretty good year for A Look at Disney and I have to say that I think this was overall a successful year for my blog.  It was a bit hard to narrow it down to 6 posts.  That's why from now on, when I do my year end countdown,  it'll be 12 articles. Let's begin.  






I'll freely admit that this is perhaps one of my weirder articles.  I mean,  I did an entire article about a bathroom area at the Magic Kingdom but you know what, I think it turned out well and it proved that I can just about make anything into a decent article, if given the right set up and this one was great.   This won't be the last time, you see Tangled on this list, btw. 





2013 brought a few new segments to A Look at Disney,  one of m personal favorites being Screen To Stage.  So far, there have only been three Screen To Stage articles.  My first one was about Newises and I loved the play.  Getting to see the play in NYC was my birthday present.  And it was so much fun to go over the play and how it's like the film and how it is different from the film at the same time.  I just loved getting to branch out and cover Disney's theatrical side as I love plays.  






I knew that I had to have at least one Sofia article on here and it was not easy narrowing it down.  Because, all told there were 6 Sofia articles, this year alone and there are going to be many more.    Oh, and I'm sorry but before I move on,  I have a little tangent.  On multiple different sites,  I've seen people misspell Sofia's name as Sophia.   Really, the spelling is in the title,  it's spelled with an "f".   Kinda hard to miss.  Back on topic,  I chose this to represent as my best Sofia article to show why I like this show so much.  I mean, coming here, I'll be doing a lot more Sofia articles.   This one I feel is the best because I was able to go over all of the great reasons that I love this show and I was more then happy to discover other fans on other sites as well.  





This along with Frozen and Saving Mr.Banks was one of my most anticipated films of the year and.... I LOVED it.   Right now, I can't decide if I like this or Banks more but anyways,  I was really happy with how this review turned out as I thought this review turned out really well in conveying why I loved this film as much as I did. 




These were perhaps two of my more heated articles.  Starting with the Mickey one,  I still stand by it as being a very strong article but I do think that I should've waited until after R8 released his blog to rebut.  However, for what it's worth,  I think I did a good job.  And as for the second article here,  I know a lot of people (myself included) were disappointed by this news but I felt like there wasn't really a right or wrong way to feel about this issue but I wanted my voice to be heard on the matter.
















Told you, that Tangled would be appearing again on this list and this isn't the last time.  If you know me, you that I love Rapunzel.  She is just so adorable and awesome.  So, getting to do a countdown of my favorite Rapunzel moments was a huge highlight for me.  And don't worry, I have more Moments lists coming up.   Including, Sofia,  Jack Kelly,  Elsa and Anna, and KP.  







These two are on here for the same reason.  This past year, was a bit hard as a Disney fan losing great people from this community.  Annette Funicello,  one of the most well known members of the Mickey Mouse Club passed away and I knew that I had to pay tribute to her, the best way I could through music.  Now, as for my other tribute article, I know a lot of people didn't see it but it hit me harder then Annette's death.  You see, one of my favorite podcasts is Mousterpiece Cinema.  A weekly Disney movie review podcast and in April of  2013,  co-host and my favorite host of the show, Mike Ryan passed away.  And I was just devastated.  I didn't know how to feel because when I first saw the news on Facebook, I didn't want to believe it and there still a void of emptiness without Mike on the show, now.  I still listen to the podcast.  I listened to it before he joined but losing my favorite member of this trio of hosts was hard to take and I knew that I had to say goodbye.  I will still do my Indy review in his memory but I still don't want to believe he's gone.    






I had a lot of fun writing this article with richb going over all of the various ABC sitcoms that went to Disney World.  It was great to look back at these.  And also to talk about the awesome Once Upon A Time commerical.  Now, if you want a really good comedic take on these episodes,  check out SomeJerkWithACamera's episodes about the ABC sitcoms. 







Another great cross over going over the soundtrack to this really good film from 2011.   It had a lot of great music and it was a lot of fun to get to talk about it with Jak.  I knew instantly that when I came up with this Music Fridays, I had to have Jak on it because doing a Muppets article with Jak, just felt natural.  






This was one of the biggest articles,  that I did this year.  So, much so,  I had it planned out a year before it even went up.  It sat as a draft on my blog site for months.  I was so nervous about releasing this one because here we all were taking on what many consider Walt's greatest film.  And y'know what,  we did a fantastic job with this article.  Everyone that took part in this milestone cross over brought their A game to covering the segment that they were given.  








This is probably my all time favorite Tangled article, that I've done.   I do regret not having done more of these but this is really hard and to be honest,  I haven't been able to come up with any other films to make a ride for but doing it for Tangled was super duper easy and so much fun that I want to do this again.  Getting to play ride designer and build my own "not real"  Tangled ride was one of the most fun things, I've ever done for A Look at Disney.  And I've gone through my head on movies I love that I'd love to see get rides but I can't figure how to do it. For instance,  I wanted to do something for a Treasure Planet simulator ride that'd go in Tommrowland but other then the basics, I've got nothing but  again, even if this was a one time thing, I loved doing this article.  Even if this is one of the most draining things, I ever did for the blog.  


And  now.....


THE NUMBER 1 POST of 2013....



1.  The Revenge of Darkfan21   Pt. 1, Pt 2. Pt. 3, Pt. 4,  Finale,  Alt. Ending



Yeah, there was no way, this wasn't going to be number 1.  The ramification of what went down in this story is still being felt, each time, Darkfan is used.  This was supposed to be Darkfan's big send-off but I loved the character so much, that I couldn't get rid of him.  And this was the first time, he got to be truly evil and teaming up with DisneyOtoko and Fusionater was something I had wanted to do after they both faced off against my foe and y'know what, this story line was just so much fun to do and I think the three of us worked well together. Perhaps, the only lowlight was having to watch Too Smart For Strangers. Which is the second worst thing, I've watched all year.  But the story was really good and I can already tell you that have a sequel in mind. 


There, you have it my top 12 Posts of 2013.  I hope that you've enjoyed this.  Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment