Take A Look at Disney

1/1/14

Top 6 Goofiest Mistakes 4





Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  Well, another year has come and gone.  And throughout the years, there were plenty of mistakes that were made and like in the past, I'm counting down what I consider to be my Top 6 Goofiest Mistakes.  Let's begin.



6.   The Jock's Song Article (?)



Now,  I only put this at # 6 because I'm still unsure, if this was Sterling Holloway or not.   I mean,   I only saw it listed on the Disney Wiki and nowhere else.  That's why, it's only at # 6.  I could've probably gone without doing this one and nothing would've been lost from the Sterling Holloway Spotlight.



5.  That Wasn't A Reprise of Wasaillia In Sofia's Christmas Episode





Yeah,  Sofia is going to be on this list twice.  You see, when I did my review of the Christmas episode, "Holiday In Enchanica", I said that it ended with a reprise of the song from the opening of the episode.   Which is a pretty decent song but not one I'll be covering during my upcoming Sofia Week.  Ahem, back on topic,  the second song is actually called "Peace and Joy".   As for the song, it didn't leave much of an impression.  







4. Not Starting A Retrospective I mentioned



Yeah,  this one is just embarrassing.   You see at the start of 2013,  I announced an Oswald The Lucky Rabbit retrospective but I never went through with it.  And I think in a big way,  it comes from intimidation. Oswald to me is an intimidating character because of his legacy and what he means to the company and I don't want to screw up, when talking about him.   I know it's silly but that is how I feel, regarding Oswald and now I've gotten an Oswald shirt and plushie (sitting next to me as I type) for Christmas,  I may consider going back and doing this.   I mean, it'd be fun.  To make up for it, here's Oswald's cameo in "Get A Horse". 




He's popping out of the corner.  





3.   Not Finishing A Countdown Lists, I Started.



Now as for the second part,  if you recall earlier, this year, DisneyOtoko and Fusionater took part in the awesome "The Revenge of Darkfan21"  and later on, I got the urge to do some Top 6's counting down my favorite moments for the three of us but I never got to DisneyOtoko. 




I honestly don't know, why I didn't do it and I'm so sorry for ignoring, you DisneyOtoko.   




2.  Jodi Benson Voiced Queen Emmaline In Sofia The First: The Floating Palace 


I told you that there'd be another Sofia mistake on this list.  Geese, why is it one of my favorite shows, one that gives me so much trouble?  Anyways,  I reviewed The Floating Palace and if you'll recall,  I listed Queen Emmaline's VA as being Emma Samms.  Well,  according to the Disney Wiki and my mermaid pal,  DisneyOtoko informed me that it was Jodi Benson.  And y'know the ironic part,  I saw Jodi Benson listen as the VA for this character on multiple other sites.  Honestly,  I like the fact that Jodi Benson playing this character as she was inspired by Triton but feels like a softer Triton.  Honestly, if anything, the character of Plank was a lot more like Triton as I pointed out in my review.  And even though,  I had that mistake,  this is one of my all time favorite episodes of anything from 2013.






1.  Being A Hypocrite To Flufflyman












Yeah,  I have another apology to hand out.  You see after my third year debacle (I've since disowned that article),  Fluffyman sent me a P.M. stating that he didn't like it and I expected that.   He said that he wanted to do a "Calling Out Haters" on it.  Now,  he mentioned this in one of his previous articles and how, he felt that it got some undeserved praise. Perhaps, but the issue at hand is that I asked Fluffyman not to do it as I didn't want any tension or drama but  do you know what I did. Earlier, this year,  Ratin8tor did an article where he ended with a stinger in how, he was going to talk about how Mickey Mouse sucks as a character during his look at Fun and Fancy Free.  What did I do?     An entire article stating my opinion on why Mickey doesn't suck as a character before Ratin8tor, even released his article.   Now,  here's the thing.   I don't believe it was right of me to basically silence Fluffyman's opinion but he did ask me and I said no but looking back, I don't think that was fair of me and again,  I apologize for it going down like that.


Now, we've my Top 6 Goofiest Mistakes of the past year.  Join me next time as I countdown what I consider my Top 6 A Look at Disney Posts of 2013.  Peace!

1 comment:

  1. So Fluffyman gets an apology but not me :P

    But in all seriousness it's good mate. The only problem with your blog (and a problem I'd bring up if I ever wrote my 'top 10 blogs' list) was that your blog's only real flaw was that it was in response to mine. The blog on its own was a great defence, the problem came from me having to go 'whilst Moviefan12 has a valid point, that's not really related to the point I was going to make'. Probably if you waited till after the blog came out you'd have made a much stronger case.

    Then again my biggest goof of the year was not doing the Mickey Mouse one as a crossover (which in hindsight I really wish I had done since, although I think it's one of my best blogs of the year, it'd have been better to have a counter opinion in it to make it fairer). Ironically my views on Mickey have soften though preciesly because they're using him better, so I look back on that article a bit embarssed cos a lot of my claims aren't as valid as they once were lol.

    But still, we all make mistakes. Looking forward to reading more in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete