Take A Look at Disney

4/24/15

Music Fridays # 153: Disney Playlist Sessions

Hello and welcome back to A Look at Disney and back to Music Fridays.  And today, we are turning our attention to Disney Playlist Sessions.  This is an online series, where artists get to preform their songs whether it be a mash up, a stripped down version or a brand new song.  With that out of the way, let's begin.  And we starting with a performance of  the Lion Sleeps Tonight from  The Lion King.



The Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Lion King Cast






This is one of those songs that I've heard a million times over from listening to the OBC of The Lion King but  this take has a peaceful and calm take on it.  Almost putting me in a lullaby like state. And it is cool to see so many members of The Lion King cast take part in this and you just see how they are having so much while singing this.


They Live In You








And here we have King Mufasa singing They Live In You himself but as he says this is a new take from his CD of Disney covers, Disney:  My Way.  That may be a future topic for a Music Fridays.  It's interesting because while in the musical, it's more prideful,  Fitzgerald here sounds more somber and quiet.  Making this song more of a moment and making it feel more intimate.  And I really like that.  If he's this good with this song, I may have to check out his other Disney covers.



Seize The Day







WOW, JUST WOW!!!  I've always loved this song.  It's one of my favorite Disney songs but who knew putting a soulful spin on this song would make it so powerful.  This version just sends chills up my spine. I always get caught up in the moment of this song but oh,  this version is just breathtaking.


A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes (As Preformed by the cast of Newsies)




Yeah,  not a fan of this take on A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes. It's not that it's bad but I think I'll just stick with the original. I just found the background music to be annoying.



Shut Up And Dance (As Preformed by the cast of Newsies)






Hey, this is more like it. And I think  I prefer this over the original.  Perhaps because I'm tried of the original version and and a new take breathes some new life into this version and y'know what,  I can behind this version.   Because it's just a lot of fun.


Letter From The Refugee






This song was just uploaded to the Newsies Facebook page yesterday.  And  Crutchie is one of my favorite characters in Newsies, so I'm happy that he finally got a song.  This song is pretty good and it hits on the important message that the Newsies are the only family one another have and when they're torn apart, you are breaking up a family.  And here you just hear how beaten down and heartbroken, Crutchie is, because of being torn apart from his family.




I hope you enjoyed this Music Fridays and I do apologize for leaning towards Newsies and The Lion King so much but I don't listen to the other artists they feature on these videos like R5 or Sabrina Carpenter. Sorry about that and again, I hope that you enjoyed this. Peace!





No comments:

Post a Comment