Take A Look at Disney

11/5/12

Mater Mondays: Top 6 Mater Designs



We've finally reached the final Mater article.   I've decided to close this out with a Top 6.   I've had this idea in the back of my head since I came up with this retrospective.   Join me today as I countdown the Top 6 Mater Designs.   Now I think I should clarify this.   What I mean by design is that if you recall that in the majority of these shorts, Mater had a different look to go along with the tale he was telling. I will be looking at what I consider my favorites.   I had to think long and hard about the 6 I wanted on here as I really like all the designs.   With that out of the way, let's get going.  




6.  Dr.  Mater   - Rescue Squad Mater 






Okay,  yeah this isn't too special compared to the others on the list but I really like it.  I don't know what it is about the look of Dr. Mater as I've named him.   I think the things that make him work for me has to be the shade of blue they used for Mater as it actually feels like a hospital blue.    And the white on the tires is great and I don't know what it's called but the thing that doctors  wear in old shorts and cartoons is a nice touch as well.    It's a simple and silly design but I love it.  


5.  Autonaut Mater - Moon Mater 





Again,  just like Dr. Mater, this is another simple one but I think that what sells me on this this again is the color as when I think astronauts,  I think white and the helmet.   I just find that the helmet to be the funniest part of this entire get up and even though this picture doesn't show it too well.  Mater has the NASCA logo and it actually does look like the NASA logo and I just love little touches like that.  




4.  Drifter Mater - Tokyo Mater 






I've noticed that they like using blue on Mater in these shorts.  Now that does make a bit of sense as it was shown that before Mater rusted, he was blue.   I honestly think the best word that I can use to sum up this design is slick.  Honestly, Mater looks very slick.   If you recall how I briefly mentioned Fast and the Furious, when talking about the plot.  I think looking at Mater's design is where that I got that idea.   



3.  Tormentor - Monster Truck Mater 





Out of all the designs,  that Mater has had in these shorts.  I think that this one is the most outlandish.   But y'know what for this short that works.  Now I know that I didn't particularly care for this short but I do like Mater's wrestling get up as it is just so funny to look at.   Again with the blue though.   I think the big thing that sells this one has to be the tires.   I don't know something about Mater having monster truck tires is humorous.  I do have to ask though how in the world did he get the mask on.  



2.   Heavy Metal Mater - Heavy Metal Mater 





This was tough, it was between this and Mater The Greater as to which one that I wanted to put here but at the end of the day,   I realized that there were more things that I liked more about Heavy Metal Mater.   I think the things I like here are the chains as I think that really adds to the rock star aesthetic.  Again, the best thing here is the coloring.  For a change, it's purple and that really works again in selling the look.    Also  I feel that this one and my # 1 are the most detailed in the terms of I don't know if I'd call it striping but that seems to work.  


1.  El Materdor - El Materdor 






I knew when coming up with this list that this was going to be my number one.  Out of all the different designs that Mater had in these shorts,  I feel that this is the best.   I love the little pin striped mustache on Mater's hood and  then the detail work on not just Mater but also his tires is great.   The blue and gold are a great combo and they mesh together quite well.   The matador hat is also a very nice touch.



So now, we have finished our look at the Mater shorts with this Top 6.  I hope that you've enjoyed this retrospective.  It was fun to do and I had a blast watching these shorts.  I think these different designs aided in my enjoyment there. Tell me if there are any that you like that I left off the list. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment