Take A Look at Disney

2/26/11

Goofy

Starting today I will be taking a look at what I call the Disney Mainstays.  These are the characters that are so popular and so endearing that Disney will never get rid of them, I'm referring to such characters as Donald or in today's case.

Goofy

The way this will work is I will give you the character's biography. talk about my favorite moment from the character and end it with my favorite cartoon that they were in.  Let's begin.


Goofy's Bio

When Goofy was first created he was not named Goofy instead he was called Dippy Dawg. Goofy first in the 1930s in the short,  Mickey's Revue.  Goofy has actually gone under many different names such as with his  Everyman cartoons, he was known as George Geef  while in Goof Troop, his full name was given as Goofy Goof.  


Here is Goofy as Dippy Dawg




Goofy later go on to appear in many classic shorts starting with the trio formula where it would be Goofy, Mickey and Donald Duck. Two such examples of these are Lonesome Ghosts and Clock Cleaners. Goofy would not get solo billing until he starred in Goofy and Wilbur. This was the very first solo Goofy cartoon, in it, Goofy is trying to fish with the aid of his pet grasshopper. 




In my opinion however the best Goofy cartoons are the "How To" shorts, where Goofy attempts to do something whether it be skiing or setting up a home entertainment system while the narrator would describe what should be done.  Goofy  would also help to lead in the Disney afternoon era when he was given his very own show, Goof Troop. In this show we were introduced to his son Max and this show eventually received a movie which is my all-time favorite movie. I'm of course referring to A Goofy Movie.  



There you go this is Goofy's bio.  Now for the next part,  I which to share with you my favorite Goofy moment.


My Favorite Goofy Moment



As I said my favorite movie is A Goofy Movie. So it should be no suprise that my favorite Goofy moment comes from this film.   My favorite moment is actually the song Nobody Else but You.  I chose this song because it shows how much Goofy cares for  Max.  Goofy has always been portrayed as well, Goofy but here  it's shown that he is a good father that is trying to do the best he can  for his son. That is why this is my favorite Goofy moment.


My Favorite Goofy Short



As  I said, earlier I beleive that some of the best Goofy cartoons are from the "How To" shorts and well my Goofy cartoon comes from that series.  Goofy Gymnastics which was first released in 1949 shows Goofy trying to work out after having ordered a workout package.  I think part of the reason I enjoy this one so much is because of all the physical humor with Goofy. It is over the top and this short can put me in a good mood, any day.


So that's Goofy  and now I'll go ahead and give you and update on the Your Top 6 voting status.

YourTop 6 Voting Stats

First of all a new song got a vote yesterday and that song will be revealed with the list. Here are the curren voting stats

After  Today Live - 3

One Jump Ahead - 2

I Will Go Sailing No More  - 2

Proud of Your Boy - 1

When Will my Life Begin - 1

When Will my Life Begin from Tangled has recevied its first vote. Just like before After Today just needs one more vote to get locked in and remember I'm not acceptting write-ins.  Also I would like to ask you guys if you could leave a comment about why you voted for the song you did  because if it okay with you, I would like to use your words in the countdown because after all this is Your Top 6 

No comments:

Post a Comment