Take A Look at Disney

2/25/11

Can We Talk About High School Musical




This is something that I have wanted to tackle for the longest time but I did not know how. That was until Doug Walker put up his Top 10 film he likes that everybody else hates.  These movies seem to receive a lot of hate before Twilight, this was the thing to hate on.  Now it receive the Twi-Hate that those films have gotten.  Did I realize that I was not the target audience of course? But that does not  mean that I do not enjoy these films, they are my guilty pleasures as I have all 3 on DVD.  Honestly these films felt like something different for Disney Channel and I think that these films are better than the usual DCOMS, they churn out.  When I watched the first High School Musical, I had no idea to expect but I loved it and I believe this film led me to enjoying other musicals. 


If it were not for these films, I may have never had the interest to see my favorite non-Disney musical RENT.  I found the music and dance numbers to quite fun in each of these films. As they should be since Kenny Ortega worked on these films and this was his idea. The choreography should be up to par as Mr. Ortega choreographed the Patrick Swayze hit, Dirty Dancing. I enjoyed all three of these films but there still some problems I have with the franchising. 

I have no problem with the movies but  the franchising as Disney turned  what I thought I was a cute and innocent enough film into a cash cow.  That is what drove me up the wall, I mean there were books, Wii video games, Halloween costume, stage adaption, Ice Show version and worst yet a reality show. Now I love reality shows but by making an HSM reality shoe, I felt as though the magic was gone. Also I thought it rather dumb to release the third film in theaters while the first two aired on TV. I can get what they were going for, it was going to be the last film with these characters and they wanted to end on a high note but that is just me, I saw no need to release it in theaters.  Honestly the third film is the most forgettable in my book as nothing exciting really happens.  Now I would like to share my favorite song from the first two films, I would have included the third but I can't remember any songs from that film and I don't believe that they were up to par with the songs of the first two films. 



Stick to the Status Quo - High School Musical




This is the song that sold me on the movie being fun because this was such a  big fun song and dance number. It was so much fun and I also like characters of the different cliques reveal what they really love. I will admit that I do watch the first film with the sing-along option turned on.



Bet On It - High School Musical 2





This one here is definitely my favorite song from the second film as you finally see the anger get to Troy and he breaks down and lets out all his rage with this song after learning of everything that has been going on.



Just remember that these songs cannot be voted for in the Your Top 6 Songs Featured on A Look at Disney and also I'm not accepting write-ins as this supposed to be a countdown of songs that I have featured on my blog.  After the videos I will reveal the curtain vote stats. I'm not going to say. you have to see these films but don't be so hard on them and unlike Twilight at least the main couple aren't as stale as dried  up piece of bread.  Now on to the curtain vote stats


Your Top 6 Vote Stats


Currently, this is how the votes stand


After Today Live - 3

One Jump Ahead - 2

I Will Go Sailing No More  -2

Proud of Your Boy  -1


There is still time to vote, you can either leave your vote here by putting Top 6 Song: Insert Song or leaving your  vote at the list 12 songs.   Here is the link to the songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment