Take A Look at Disney

3/10/11

Can We Talk about Disney the Word, Disneyphile

Up until now I have defended things assoicated with Disney on all of Can We Talk about's.  Today that changes!  As you know most fanbases have a fan name assoicated with their thing. If you like Star Trek, it's Trekkie. That's all right  While this one has not taken off, I have also invented the fan name Castaways for Survivor fans as that is favorite show.  Beleive it or not, Disney fans also have a fan name.  What is that fan name, you ask?  Disneyphile!  I hate this word,  more than I hate Brandy & Mr Whisker and Home on the Range combined.   Now granted to some of you, I probably sound like this right now but this something I have had to get off my chest.







Yes, I did look up the deftiton of of the latter part of that.  Phile = used to specify some kind of attraction or love to something, in particular the love or obession  with something.  Now I'm not one to say this word does not make snese as Disneyphile can be used to describe someone who is obessed with Disney.  However when I heard first that word my brain automatically went to antoher word that end in p-h-i-l-e.   I think you may know what that word is.  I'm talking about the word pedaphile.  Now yes, this may be a very dumb comparsion but that is what my brain first thought and when I see something Disney, I don't want to think of this.





But rather this






I  will admit that my hate for this word may seem blind but I just had to get this off my chest. In the meantime, I'll try to come up with a new Disney fan name perhaps I could just use Mouseketeer oe I could use what S-3 suggested used to describe me, Disney Solider.  I refuse to refer to myself as Disneyphile as I hate that word and if you can think of a good Disney fan name in the comments.  Sorry to going off on a tanget but I had to get this off my chest.  I think we should end this with a song.









Your Top 6 & Music Fridays Update

With Your Top 6, not much has changed but there is still time to vote and as always I will provide a link.  Now, yesterday, we had the very Music fridays and it turned out to be a moderate success. You can request a song for next week, the category is Sad songs. Howver, just as a sidenote, I have already included Baby Mine, Your Heart wiil Lead You Home and Best of Freinds as songs that  Iwish to share with you. Also Once Upon a Time in New York City was already requested. There are many other sad Diseny songs though.


No comments:

Post a Comment