Take A Look at Disney

6/17/11

Music Fridays # 12: Mickey & Minnie Songs

Welcome to what I think well be a really fun Music Fridays as today we take a look at Mickey & Minnie songs. There are many out there and I have chosen 4 of my favorites to showcase here today.

Now, we will be starting with one of my all time favorite Mickey/Minnie songs.


Mickey, She's Got a Crush on You





This one is really fun and it is so cute too. In a way I picture this song taking place before Mickey and Minnie became a couple and for some reason whenver I listen to this song I picture Mickey and the gang in a high school hallway going over the gossip of the day. And one of Mickey's pals found out about this and wanted to tell him.  It's cute and fun and then we get the flipside when  Minnie's freinds are telling her that Mickey likes her. Cute song and I really could picture this as a conservation taking place in a high school.


Disco Mickey Mouse




Now this song has appeared on A Look at Disney before and that is because I love it. Is it cheesy? Of course it is but there is something about the beat and the way it is sung that is appealing to me. I have to laugh when they say "When He Smiles, The Ladies Cry 1,000 Tears".  I mean, who would ever think of Mickey that way and comparing him to Clark Gable. One of the biggest stars of that time is pretty funny too. This one has one of the best beats for any Mickey song. So much so that as of  my typing this I'm dancing in my chair (badly!)  Unlike our first song there is no story but not every song needs to tell a story. This one instead is just a fun dance song.


A Mouse Like Me




You do not know how happy I was to find this song on YouTube. I love it. This song is so much fun, I mean sure it is just Goofy, Mickey and Minnie singing about the history and accomplishments of this little mouse. Though there is something about  Mickey's history put to song that makes it really enjoyable and it feels like a breif history lesson of Mickey. This is a good place to start and as a Mickey fan, I think this one of the best Mickey songs that I have heard.



Minnie's Yoo-Hoo






For our last song, I take you back in time to the early days of Mickey's career. Here in this Mickey is singing about his gal, Minnie. This is a fun one here especially when the animal noises are mixed in.  This one is truly a classic that isn't heard too often these days but is still quite good. I will say one thing though, Mickey's singing skills have most certianly improved over the years. I give the little guy credit here for this song but not his best work. Still fun but I think I perfer his new singing voice and I liek the inclusion of the other characters singing along with Mickey.


Join me next week for a rather special Music Fridays. I'm not even going to tell you what it is but I will let you know that involves someone that is a big part of Disney History.

No comments:

Post a Comment