Take A Look at Disney

7/19/11

Top 6 Best Friends of Disney

I have often held the belief that sometimes, your best friend knows you better than your family and on some your best becomes part of your family. This Top 6 is all about celebrating friendship as I countdown what  I consider the Top 6 Best Friends of Disney. Just a heads-up, Buzz & Woody don't appear on this list, mainly because I never got that best friend vibe from them and it always felt more like it was Andy and Woody. Anyways on with the list.


6.  Mike & Sulley



Now here is a great example of a friendship, Mike & Sulley have been best friends since grade school. (That is until the prequel comes out and messes that up).  Anyways, Sulley is the top of the pack, where he works and he is actually a gentle giant while Mike is a small guy that likes to think he is tough.  Now I think there are two thing that drew me to put them on this list. A. Their loyalty to each other and B.  the opening montage just shows that they know how to have fun. I also think another great example of their friendship comes in the short, Mike's New Car, where Mike buys a new car with one too many gadgets. Mike is proud of his new purchase and he should be.  Though clearly there are far too many things on the car for him to use and Sulley keeps his mouth shut and doesn't say anything but is rather happy for his pal's purchase.  To me, this shows even when  your friend buys something dumb, it's okay to be happy for them.  Also they have a great chemistry onscreen together and while they bicker with each other such as seen in the trailer, it's always in that friendly kind-of-way, when you just just want to sigh after your pal says something.





Also with this trailer, I see at  least one common trait among friends, where there is that one friend who is always trying to make people laugh and is just the goofball.  With my best friend, I'd say I take on the role of the goofball but we can both be pretty silly at times.  I mean I like to think of myself as the straight-man (serious guy) in the friendship but I'm the goofball, really.


5.  Tigger & Roo



Now let  me state this,  I debated over whether or not, I was going to put Tigger & Roo or Pooh Bear & Christoper Robin on this list. This was not an easy decision to make but in the end, I had to go with Tigger & Roo.  There are quite a few factors as to why, I chose Tigger & Roo. First and foremost, I'm a big Tigger fan as we saw during The Big Celebration (Blogs # 90 - # 100).  As not only did I list Tigger as one of my favorite Disney characters but I also listed The Tigger Movie as one of my favorite Disney films. This is where my point comes in and why, I decided to go with Tigger & Roo.  I feel that The Tigger Movie does the best job of showing how much they care for each other as when Tigger goes out into the cold forest, Roo is the first one to be worried about him and wants to go looking. This also hearkens back to what I said in the opening about how your best friend can become like a brother and see that here in both Tigger teaching Roo the Whoop-de-Dooper Bounce.   The brotherhood between Tigger & Roo is shown more so with Tigger's final line in the film.  "Only the best for my bestest little brother".  This line right here shows that Tigger thinks of Roo as his little brother and as is shown in this film, Tigger is willing to protect like a big brother. I just think  that is really wonderful and that is the reason why I went with Tigger & Roo.


4. Timon & Pumbaa



Now there is no way that I could do a Top 6 Best Friends list without mentioning Timon & Pumbaa. They are the classic example of Disney Best Friends. They may not be the smartest but they are always there for each other and they always know how to have a good time with each other as well. Sure, they may bicker but again like Mike & Sulley, it is in that friendly kind-of-way.  They'll always have each other's back despite some of their flaws such as Pumbaa's gas problem. Now that's a true friend right there willing to put up with that kind of problem but Pumbaa can't control it. Besides, Pumbaa's gas problem there is also Timon who always thinks he is right and Pumbaa lets him think that way. Of course Pumbaa isn't the smartest animal in the jungle but what they lack in brains they make up for with loyalty, courage and one of the one of the best songs from this film.


3. Lilo & Stitch




Now I have gone over Lilo & Stitch in the past, when I reviewed the film that shares their namesake during Return of The Requests. The way I see it, their friendship comes from two factors. First, they are both outcasts of their respective worlds and no one truly understands them. They have that in common but also as I said in the review, they teach each other. Lilo teaches Stitch how behave and in an odd way, Stitch teaches Lilo how to interact with other people. Even if he is an alien. Through their friendship they are able to open to the world more.



2. Mickey, Donald, & Goofy





Just as with Timon & Pumbaa, I had to bring these guys up. They are classic, they have been buddies longer than some of us have been alive. They have held many jobs working together from being ghost hunters to clock cleaners. Sure, they may get on each other's nerves every now and then. But that's understandable what with Goofy being well  goofy  and Donald's short temper but they'll always be there for each other. They are just fun and they know how to have fun with each other. They'll always stick up for each other whenever they get into a sticky situation. No matter what, these three pals will always be there for one another. To me that is why I love them because they are just a timeless example of 3 pals who always have a good time with each other and they are one of the greatest groups of animated friends that have ever be brought to life.

Now time for the number one reveal and my number one pick for the Best Friends of Disney is...

1. Tod & Copper




Now I knew that I wanted to put Tod & Copper on this list.  Because to me, they are the all around classic best friends. Just as with Lilo & Stitch,  they are from different worlds and are told that they shouldn't be playing with each other because of their differences.  Though their blindness to this rule at a young age leads to a great friendship and they were always able to have fun with each other as kids and their friendship lasted a very long time but as adults, it was put to the test. As when Amos Slade takes Copper hunting, Tod is now living in the forest.  Amos Slade goes out there hunting and comes across him but they are attacked by a bear and though, the two friends haven't seen each other in years,  Copper attacks the bear k him to protect Tod and his new love. Though the bear proves to be too much and Tod takes over his old pal who is exhausted from fighting finally killing off the bear.  It is after this Amos Slade comes and is about to shoot Tod but Copper put his body over Tod. Pretty much telling his master that if you kill him, you'll have to kill me. That is a true friendship to the end. When Copper is willing to protect his old friend from being shot that shows just how much they truly care about each other.  There is no greater sacrifice that someone could make for another living being than to give up their life.  To me, this is the greatest example of Best Friends from Disney.


Now let me say that this list was not easy to come up with and it went through many revisions before  I decided the on the final 6. The only one that I knew were a guarantee for this list was Tod & Copper. Other than that, this list saw many characters come and go. There was also a lot of shuffling done to the list from when I first came up with this idea but in the end, this is the list that I have come up with.   These are just my chocies but tell me in the comments, who would you have put on this list?

1 comment:

  1. Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm going to start my own blog
    in the near future but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.

    P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
    My page : christmas gift ideas for my wife 2012

    ReplyDelete