Take A Look at Disney

9/18/11

Can We Talk about Primeval Whirl




What am I about to say may shock and appall Disney Parks fans but I like Primeval Whirl.   Yes, that's right, I like Primeval Whirl.  Why? I just do, I have always had fun each time on this ride.  This ride can be found in Hester and Chester's Dino Rama in Animal Kingdom.    




Yes, I know this is one area of the park that is often looked down upon and rightly so in some regards.   You see this was a cheap replacement for an undeveloped land that would have been cool simply called Beastly Kingdom. 



This is  what part of  the Beastly Kingdom would have looked like.  It wasn't built because well the crew over budgeted. Meaning that didn't have any money left.  True,  this shows an example of the Eisner era and I'm not happy about it. Though we did get something close to it with Expedition Everest.   I don't know if we'll ever get Beastly Kingdom.





Now back to Primeval Whirl, I have always like this roller coaster. It's hard to say why. Would I rank it as one of my favorites? Yes, I actually would.   This is one of my favorite rides at Animal Kingdom, I have so much  fun on it each time I go on it.  













Is it a corny ride?  A little bit but I can embrace that and truth be told this was one of the first roller coasters that I went on and I enjoyed it. I can actually say that alongside Splash Mountain, I make it a point to go on this ride. Now this ride and this entire section has gotten a lot of hate because of everything I mentioned earlier.  Again, say so what?  Yes, it's true that Beastly Kingdom would have been better than Dino Rama. Yes, I know I'm in the minority of people who enjoy this ride.



It's just different strokes for different folks I guess.   I can understand the hate this section gets but I'm someone who tends to likes things in the parks that others don't. For example, I like Stitch's Great Escape as I find that humorous.


 












What I don't understand is why people are made to feel bad when they like something that is considered unpopular or uncool to like. As I have already stated I like Glee and High School Musical,  Primeval Whirl is the same way.   I like all of these things because they bring me enjoyment. At the end of the day, is it a crime if this ride, show or film trilogy bring me some form of enjoyment? No, no it's not.  


Primeval Whirl may be a simple rollercoaster that spins in circles but I truthfully like that because if you have read my past articles, I like rides that make me dizzy.   This is just something that I enjoy and I don't think anyone should knock me down for liking this. Even though I have had that happen a time or two.   Is it the greatest ride? Probably not. Would I have liked to seen Beastly Kingdom. Yes, of course. Just like I wish Disneyland would have built the Atlantis submarine ride but at the end of the day, it didn't happen. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment