Take A Look at Disney

3/23/12

Music Fridays # 47: Splashdance



Hello and welcome back to Music Fridays.  Today, I'm doing something different as I'm starting a look at novelty albums released from Disney as I take a look at Splashdance and there are too many songs on this album that I bump it up to 8. Enjoy.



Happy, Happy Birthday To You





Okay, I admit I love this song.  I mean yeah, it's not my birthday but I should have used this song for that occasion.  Next year but I digress.   It's just so silly and fun, yeah it reminds me somewhat of those annoying Happy Birthday songs you get at restaurants with the silly lyrics but here's the thing unlike those, this one is so much fun that it almost seems wrong to enjoy a song this cheesy. Though of course, the idea of having Mickey Mouse at my birthday party is something that I would've loved as a kid and I'll admit, that would still be rather cool. Even if I'm 23 but  c'mon a party with Mickey Mouse.  If you know me, you know I'd love that.   I think this is one of those songs that can best be summed up by saying "One More Time!"   


Digital Duck 







Okay, I don't know what's funnier. How dated this song is or the fact that Donald has a somewhat decent singing voice.  This song is just so strange and bizarre, there's no way that it could be from any decade but the '80s.  Of course it has to end with Donald getting angry at his gadgets. Would you expect anything less? I wouldn't!


Chip 'n' Dale's Vacation 

 


Okay, I'm not going to say Disney ripped off Alvin and The Chipmunk bs having Chip 'n' Dale sing because I don't think that was the case at all. Even if I couldn't help but think of that.  Maybe it's just me but these songs keep on getting weirder as I go on.   This one is cute if rather simple like the others and while fun, it doesn't have the staying power of the first two. 


 Splashdance 





This song is so much fun  and I think out of these first 4, it's the best song.  It's so much fun and you feel like your there with the gang and to think, this song is all about getting wet but I love it. It is so much fun and so silly.   I can't help but to love it.  Who would've thought that a song about getting wet would be so much fun.   Yeah, it's  a bit cheesy but all of these songs are but that is what makes them so much fun.  





You Can Always Be Number One





This is a nice song, if a bit simple.  I love the idea behind it, which comes down to your number one so long as you try and tying it into Goofy is a nice touch but I'm not so sure that I'd take sports lessons from Goofy. I've seen the "How To" shorts  but at the same time,  one should not turn their back on Goofy just because he is a goofy albeit a lovable goof.



Gyro Gearloose




It's nice to see one of the less famous characters get a song of their own. Now I'm not sure when  this album came out but if I had to speculate, this song makes me  think that DuckTales was on the air when this album came out. I say that because it doesn't seem as though there'd be any other period to release this song and also DuckTales really brought him into the limelight. Now I may be wrong but again this is just speculation. As for the song, it's nice and I love the melody.   Not as much fun as the songs as some of the other songs and  it does seem  somewhat unbalanced but it's okay.  At best it's forgettable but it's not a bad song by any stretch of the word.



One Little Android







This one is rather cute and unlike all of the other songs I've talked about, this one deals with a new character. I don't know why but this reminds of Three Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed.  Again, I can't put my finger on why but it just does.   It's cute and a lot of fun and certainly one I'd find myself listening to over and over.  


Mickey, She's Got a Crush On You






I know, I know!  I normally don't cover a song more than once and this is this song's third appearance on Music Fridays but I love it so much.  Turning down the chance to talk about this song for a third time would be criminal.   I've already told you guys about the high school setting that I see with this song.  Out of all the Mickey & Minnie songs out there and there is a large number, this is my favorite. It's just so endearing and cute.  There's gotta be an image that could go with this song. 



Yeah, I think that one works rather well.    I know I talked about this song not too long ago and normally I would not repeat songs like this so close to each other but darn it, this song has grown on me.      



Join me next week as I continue my look at these novelty albums as we...


Rock Around The Mouse


No comments:

Post a Comment