Take A Look at Disney

6/9/12

Can We Talk about Disney Babies (Proposed TV Show)



No,  no this isn't about this franchise but rather you see there were plans for TV show based on the adventures of Mickey and friends as they were infants. Gee,  I wonder where they got the idea for this show from.   





Yeah,  this show was proposed in the '90s and Muppet Babies was already around then and it has bee stated many times that Muppet Babies was the first show to do the concept of classic characters as kids and it probably did it best.    Now I should also note that this show was not proposed by the animation department but rather the consumer department.  Boy if this idea already didn't sound like a cash-in. there's some more evidence.   Now I may take on this idea, well I just don't think it would've worked not because I like these characters but rather because it just comes across as the people at the consumer department seeing the success of Muppet Babies and probably had a thought of hey,  if this worked for them.  Let's  be blunt here,  I mean sure, maybe they've could have made a decent cartoon out of this idea but seeing as it was not promoted by the animation department, it would not have had the same heart as Muppet Babies.    


To me, I think knowing that fact, it would've felt shallow and  that reminds me of perhaps the worst show to use this concept and not understand the charm of the characters they were using.  






This show is  a disgrace for the legacy of Looney Tunes and I fear that this show would've done the same to the beloved Disney characters, if not worse.  I go back to thinking that there is no point for this show to exist and I guess the other people behind this thought the same thing.   I mean  since Muppet Babies,  every and I mean every franchise has babied their characters in some way and heck even for the ones that aren't cartoons,  there are still franchises such as the Disney Babies franchise and on the one hand, I don't mind the franchise but I think the show would've been a step too far and as for the other franchises that aren't cartoons, there  are others such as Baby Snoopy or Baby Betty Boop.   Can I say the latter seems to be the oddest one of all?





At the end of the day, I have to say that I'm glad this show never went through because I don't think that it would've worked and just sounds like a bad idea from the get go.  Though, that does leave one question. Who would be the nanny?  Got It


Actually I think I just made it worse





No comments:

Post a Comment