Take A Look at Disney

8/17/12

Music Fridays # 63: On The Record Pt. 2






Hello & welcome back. Today, we once again continue our look at the soundtrack of On The Record.  



Heigh Ho 







What a fun song to start off on?   Does it feel a little different from the original?   Maybe but at the same time, it reminds me of it and it's fun and cute.   That is the best thing about most of these songs. They are fun to listen to.  Honestly, I don't have much to complain about with this song and for those of you wondering it seems like it cuts off at the beginning of another song, it's not the video.  The actual soundtrack does that as well as this song leads into The Work Song from Cinderella, which is one of the few songs that I couldn't find sadly but no matter moving on. 



I'm Wishing/One Song 







We another tune from Snow White and the two ladies singing here are very divine.   It's very peaceful and calm.  Haunting yet beautiful at the same time.   I would call it an easy listen and just so relaxing.   It is easy to drift off to a peaceful state while listening to this song. 



So This is Love 






This seems to be the dreamlike period of the soundtrack hearing these songs.   Nothing wrong with that and it works well.   While short as you may have noticed, still an okay take on this song in my humble opinion.  Very simple. Maybe too simple but that's just me.  Now there are two more songs that I'd like to look at before I close this two parter.  


Baby Mine 






This take on my favorite Disney song is different.   Gives it more a stage feel.  Which makes sense as this was a stage production. Just like our last song, I think the best word to describe just like our last song is simple.   And simple makes senses for this song as it would feel odd to make this a big grandiose number.   I also find the singer's voice here to be very sweet.


Will The Sun Ever Shine Again






Now if I can praise Home on The Range for anything, it's this song. Though I actually find this version better and I feel that it captures that feeling of loss and despair quite well.  Once again, it goes back to the voice and I feel the delivery makes me feel as though, this character truly feels what she is singing.  


Alright, I hope you've enjoyed this two part special.  We will return to On The Record somewhere down the road as I've only scratched the surface. Join me next week, when I look at songs that ask or answer Who am !?





No comments:

Post a Comment