Take A Look at Disney

9/10/12

Classic Shorts Showcase: Pedro

Hello & welcome back to Classic Shorts Showcase.  Today, I'll be taking a look at a short that is the tale of a young plane that goes on his first mission to retrieve the mail. He's a tough little guy but does he make it? You'll have to read on to find out.



The Plot


The main crux of the plot doesn't come into play for a bit as the short spend a little bit of time introducing the characters but that's okay.  We first see this world and in may ways reminds me of the world of Cars as we see Pedro at one point going to school.
















This was a cute set up but the true story starts when we find out that young Pedro has to go to Mendosa to retrieve the mail as his father has a cold and his mother just can't do it because she apparently has the equivalent of a heart problem.  Later on we see young Pedro fly around trying to get the mail but he also plays around with a vulture and wastes his gas.

















He doesn't realize right then & there but it later comes to fruition when he is having trouble flying and at the end, it looks as though he had died after his first flight and the little guy put so much effort into his flight and he is so determined and just a little worn out.  After he gets the mail, he starts to return home and it looks as though, he is about to die and it even seem to be the case but at the end of the short, we see that he's survived.   This is a cute little short with a simple plot that works well.




Character


Pedro















Pedro is such an adorable character. He's so determined and full of spirit. Sure, he's  little playful but when push comes to shove, he bucks up and tries to pull through. Even though at one point, he ran out of gas and is about to die.
















Poor Pedro looks as though, he has lost all the will to live.   I think one of the best ways to describe is to say that he has a lot of spirit to him and he's excited about getting to go on his first flight away from his parents.  It's fun to watch him and there are a lot of intense moments throughout with him but I think one of the most important has to be when he sees this mountain. Part of that is because if he flies towards, he's too high as seen above but I also believe,  he thinks it's real. Which is pretty easy considering this thing has a face. An intimidating one at  that.
















Okay, what I'm about to say next may sound dumb the mountain really has a stony face that looks menacing and it's easy to see why the little guy, would be afraid of that.



My Final Thoughts


All in all, this was an enjoyable short.  Pedro is quite an adorable character. Though I must say that I feel that the South American elements were underplayed in this short. Here's the thing, I don't know if I mentioned this but this short was a part of the package film, Saludos Amigos and like it's successor, they focus on the South American culture but I must say that this short and the The Cold Blooded Penguin as well really seem to downplay that fact.  Though it seems to be more noticeable. I do not know what that is but putting those elements aside, I still find this to be a highly entertaining short, I'd suggest to anyone. Join me next week when a special guest and myself look at...


The Old Mill



2 comments:

  1. At thіs moment I аm going away to ԁo my breakfast, when
    having my brеakfast сoming again tο гead οther news.
    My web blog - Watch Hollywood Heights Season 1 Episode 63

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete