Take A Look at Disney

10/30/12

Can We Talk about Disney Buying Lucasfilm



Disney has just bought Lucasfilm.  I repeat that Disney bought Lucasfilm. So they now own  Pixar, Marvel, The Muppets and Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
















What's my take on this.  Well,  I'n not exactly a big Star Wars fan (there's more to that) . Though I do like Indy.  People have complained for the longest time that Lucas has ruined his beloved franchises with the prequels and Indy 4.


















In a big way, I'm not too surprised as both of these franchises have a had big presence in the theme parks. As I've covered previously in my article on Indiana Jones and The Attractions of Disney.  Star Tours is one of the most popular rides at Disney parks too and there have been rumors of Disney Hollywood Studios getting a Star Wars themed land. So this is perfect timing for that. (Could we also get an Indy land?)  

















In a way, to me this purchase does make business sense. Also it is neat to think that Disney now owns some big nerd properties.   Plus back to what I said earlier about the parks Disney sells merchandise based on these characters. Take for example my Mickey Indy.



















Now there is something larger then just the purchase at hand.  As you see in this announcement, it was announced that Star Wars Episode 7 would be happening.  Now I suspect that plenty of people may want to scoff at this idea but with Disney's backing, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I imagine people had the same concerns when Disney purchased Marvel but look at how well, The Avengers turned out.


















I think in the right hands Episode 7 could be a good film and let's not get to up in arms until a trailer for this film is released.   On a whole,   I was surprised when I first read this news but the more I think about it, it shouldn't have as Lucas and Disney have had a long relationship.  What are your thoughts on this? Tell me in the comments. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment